Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,705

GP

Name
    Hanuh Lulia Icebreaker-Tabor Toivonen
    Race
    Mostly human with some elf

View Profile
    The fall was not that far deep. Relief that there would be no broken bones flooded her as she slammed into a pool of water only a moment or so after falling. The guide crashed into the waves after her, and she realized that she needed to get out of the water. Despite her innate ability to control ice, she could not freeze normal water. In fact, her environment was uncontrolled in this murky pool.

She swam rapidly into any blind direction, unable to see the shore. Head above the water, she gasped for air. She found herself floundering for several moments before her foot slammed into a slippery stone. She was soon wading in shallow, cold water. She was in a frigid arctic climate, and she worried about any potential harm the cold could cause. Fear flooded her as she wondered if she could indeed die out here...

She crawled out and onto land. She coughed as her hands slammed into dirt and her knees dug into loose stones. She was freezing. Her nixstella necklace was cold and hard slapping her skin around her neck. The sound of splashing behind her resounded, and she realized her would be guide turned attacker was close behind.

Trembling, the girl stumbled to her feet and attempted to run, "Stay away from me!"

She knew little of combat, aside the basic unarmed self defense taught by that voice in the tube she had grown up in. She had no muscle memory of even that, however. She only had basic skills in her family's powers, and blind as an underground rat, she was too terrified. Cold, alone, in the dark. Could this be the end?

A heavy force slammed into her and grabbed her, "You're not going anywhere! The sacrifice needs to be made to seal him! You'll pay for drenching me!"

She squealed. One strong arm wrapped around her waist while another gripped her shoulder. Her senses were blurred as he shook her around in attempts to daze her.

"It's a shame the sacrifice requires a virgin! I'll need another way to hurt you!"

She gasped, finally too scared and having had enough. Fear of captivity, just like before, flooded her. Never again...

She stomped her foot several times until it landed on his own boot. Then, she kicked back, hitting just below his knee. He cried out as she caused ice to form where his hands held her, causing his grip to slip. She tore herself from him and broke into a run again.

Unfortunately, she tripped over a small boulder in the darkness. She felt herself careen into the stones, drawing blood on her face. She cried out in pain, feeling dazed. After a moment, she remembered the man threatening her and tried to get up. However, as she tried to push herself up, a boot slammed into her back.

"I'll beat you into a bloody pulp, girl! The sacrifice requires a virgin with magical affinities, but it said nothing about delivering you to the blood circle tortured!"

The girl's senses spun, her mind blotted and clustered in terror. She winced her eyes shut, fearing her terrible end...
    Last edited by Ignis Glaciesque; 07-21-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    ~ Songs of Hanuh ~

"Set my world on fire
    Cause I want to watch it burn"
    - Glasslands, Deadman.