Rehtul lowered himself to just above the ground as the woman meandered her way out of the forest. The tailwind carried the acrid smell of used oil from the drowned city just downwind of their location. AS the woman began to speak, a faint spark of recognition caught in the mage's mind. While the woman before him had obviously gone through great lengths to traverse into this world to reclaim it for her natural magics, there was something alien about her, at least to this world.

However, it was far too familiar to the Orlouge. He squinted through his glasses at the woman and saw what through the leafy dress she was casting about herself the legs of a mountain animal. This woman was a faun, and if he was to guess, not just any faun.

"Philomel Van Der Aart, as I live and breathe... I'd heard you'd gone missing, but I didn't think you'd gone so far as to travel to a new world," he said as he dropped his disc of ice to just above the ground, now barely levitating.

"Then again, when both of us are approaching the end of our first millennia, I suppose that's not so hard to believe after all. I'm... not sure you remember me, but I'm Rehtul Orlouge, from Althanas."

The mage's brow furrowed as his lips turned downward in a resigned frown. He knew the woman loved nature. Such was obvious from their few past meetings as well as from the way she had raised her daughter Celandine, whom Rehtul knew far better than her mother. If she was looking to use her magic to reclaim this land, though...

"I think I see what's happening here. You're going to reclaim this world using your druidic arts. I hate to ask, but could you leave the cities alone at least for a couple of years? I'm close to finishing my research into what the race of this world developed and I'd hate to be cut short before I understood what they did and how to utilize their knowledge properly elsewhere."