Sorian had mixed feelings about leaving the others behind, even if everything was secure back at Etherea there was no way the others could catch them up now. Elite could care less about them and the truth was that they were not part of the original plans, it was always supposed to be; Cazri, Elite, Sorian and Storm. Emi, their ride to Alerar, was just that, a ride. Leoric, a thoughtful hero traveling to do the right thing - to stop the uprising of the demons. Neither were truly ever meant to be there, and with organizations such as the Penumbra Syndicate involved random adventurers were best steering clear.

Still, even under orders to help destroy this gate, working for an organization had it down sides. Sorian suspected they had not been told the whole truth about what was going on over here, and with his own secret orders regarding Cazri, he held his own secrets. So far Sorian had held his tongue about his feelings regarding Carzi’s actions and opinions, and while she rode close to Storm it only helped to frustrate him as his mind wandered with theories.

What is she saying to him… Sharing private information about this mission… bitch… Telling him a sob story? Giving him Advice? Asking if he’s okay from the fight? She’d rather I died I’m sure… Maybe they are planning against me… Sorian’s train of thought was broken with a deep cough, the dry air, sometimes filled with the sulfur like sand that blew with the wind, dried his throat like an internal desert.

“You’re quiet.”

Sorian carefully took a drink after Elite’s comment. Even at a slow trot, riding a horse and drinking at the same time was not easy. A few splashes escaped, pouring over his chest like a child’s first attempt at a drink. Embarrassing. “I’m over-thinking. I think.”

“As always. You’ll have plenty to think about when we arrive at the gate.”

Sorian continued regardless, a small gap opened between themselves and the other two allowing a conversation to be said without being overheard. “They suggested, strongly… That she is masterful at getting what she wants…”

“Why does that matter? The end result is the same regardless of what she does.”

“Because…” Sorian scowled with frustration, he needed Elite to think ahead. “Mr. Veritas makes a big difference here. He’s powerful… we both know that.”

“Ah… The Citadel… Memories…”

“The point is… that if she gets him onto her side. Then it could be a serious problem.”

“What makes you think he isn’t already?” Elite cited a problem that Sorian hadn’t thought of.

A grimaced look crossed Sorian’s face, quickly followed by an instinctive motion to scratch his beard back to a relaxed state. “Valid point. Maybe something we should question. Yet I don’t believe so. From what I’ve learned his motives are entirely his own. Money.”

“Regardless of other peoples additional motives. Selfishness can only go so far before it’s stopped. We’ll destroy the demon gate, then we’ll deal with her. It’s that simple.”

The journey across the plains and hills passed much faster than they expected. Sorian held his tongue for now, it wasn’t worth making a move to get Storm until they knew more, and while he believed that Storm would support them when it mattered - making the approach at the right time was vital.

Elite could only maintain a certain speed over such a large distance. The breaks in between travels made for a good time for the weary horses to rest, and Elite would always stand guard as they slept or rested. More hordes were sighted on the horizon but their destination was not to engage hordes as a group of four, but to meet an opposing army that could help match demonic power with physical resistance.