He nodded to her. The sins of his ancient ancestory were heavy on his heart. Perhaps this woman represented a hope to him. A hope that he could repair the damages of the past. He looked away for a small moment then looked directly at her. He lowered his hood at that point and that action drew some glances from those that were on the road with them. A few of the gathered began to quicken their pace away from Nosdyn. And the girl. Nosdyn was a physically massive individual. Covered in black leather. He was armed with a solitary sword and a side pack that contained the relic that was the sole reason he was there. A part of him felt a pull a tug, gentle at first. But he felt a NEED to help that woman.

He studied her for a moment. "Have no fear." He said in a deep voice. "I mean you no harm." A few of the travellers on the road with them happened to also be Ettermire soldiers. One particular soldier recognized Nosdyn as a Demon of the Tular Plains. He was a grim lad. He walked over towards the two of them.

He looked at Nosdyn with a harsh expression. "State your business here DEMON."

Nosdyn looked away from the woman for a moment and locked gazes with the soldier. "I am but a courier." He began. "I am here to deliver something to a contact within Ettermire." Nosdyn had some memories of the past. He did not know if they would remember a blue skinned Demon from hundreds of years prior.

The soldier drew his sword. "Step away from the Demon young lady." The soldier asked.

Nosdyn looked at the soldier his expression becoming serious. "I mean you no harm." He knew negotiation was futile.

The soldier approached Nosdyn and attempted to stand between the woman and Nosdyn. "Your kind is not welcome within these walls." The soldier said.

Nosdyn frowned for a moment. "Your city used to welcome my people." Nosdyn began. "In order to prevent violence I will leave and report my mission here a failure. My employer would be most displeased." He knew he could not mention N'Jal.

The soldier would not chance it and stepped closer. There was too much animosity towards Demon kind. He pointed his sword towards Nosdyn. "I will not repeat myself. Please leave."

Once more, the relic began to react to the young woman in question. Nosdyn noticed the glowing energy from the relic. "Very well." Nosdyn said grimly. He looked at Ettermire's direction one last time. "I go in peace."

Suddenly, the soldier attacked Nosdyn with a clean slashing attempt...