Six Months Ago....

A small city of ten thousand people...

It was late in the evening when an entity strolled right towards the city center, the old town square lined with scuffed white stone, with green shrubs making some sort of communal gathering area. Right in the center was a granite pillar that functioned as a kind of calendar for the city. Within the city center were five petty criminals with their ears nailed to a board for all to be seen, in the middle of a crowd hurling insults, and rotten food at the offenders.

The entity stood at just over seven feet tall, his skin was red scales, and he was cloaked in an emerald green cloak with clothed strangely with black trousers, and a thick whit top, and green vest. His chest was broad, each arm ending in a clawed three digit hand. On his hip there was a falchion, a curved sword, and in his hand was a slender about 3/4 of an inch thick, and near eight feet tall, with a silver-ish foot cap, and a strange helical twisting glass, and metal head piece on it.

The entity shouldered his way through the crowd, and without any fanfare announced in a voice far, far too deep for anything human "My lord, and patron has sent me to harvest twenty five... volunteers with strong backs, and broad shoulders for his own domain."

He looked over to the criminals, and stated matter-of-factly "These five are a fine start you have until the end of the week to supply the rest."

A man of middle age, with grimness, and care written in lines along his face stepped in front of the entity, and asked "may I ask whom your patron is, and for what reason he needs volunteers?" As three city guards wielding spears crept closer to the entities from behind.

The entity looked at the man, and replied "neither are your concern, your only concern in these matters is that you supply him with what he has demanded."

The man did not waver, and said "the citizens of this city ~are~ my concern, and you won't be allowed to leave until you explain yourself sir."

With out a word, the staff glowed, and in a flash all four of the civil servants were mere gore splatters on the ground. As the masses panicked, the entity gripped the entire board, and began dragging off the petty criminals back through town, stopping occasionally to flatten more guards that have gotten in his way.