EXP required for next Level: 1,500

GP

Name
    Kalestiya Brightheart
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    - II - Growing Pains

The following day, Kalestiya rose with the sun, her eyelids heavy with the weight of a restless night. As she got dressed, the tempting aroma of breakfast drifted up from downstairs. Stepping into the common area, she found Seran already seated at the table, his gaze curious yet understanding as she approached. Despite her weariness, she offered him a faint smile. "Good morning," she greeted softly, settling into the chair beside him. "How are you feeling?"

Seran shrugged casually, as he finished his meal, placing the empty plate on the table. "Could be worse. But how about you?" he countered with concern in his voice. Kalestiya shifted uncomfortably, her fatigue betraying her composure. "I had a rough night," she confessed in a hushed tone. Seran reached out, his hand resting gently on her shoulder in a gesture of support. Kalestiya's expression softened as she met his gaze once more. "Thank you," she said quietly, "for checking up on me last night."

Seran waved her words aside with a dismissive gesture, a slight flush creeping across his face. "Don't mention it."
    With a weary sigh, Kalestiya slumped in her seat, her appetite warring with her exhaustion. Seran chuckled sympathetically before rising from his chair. "Let me fix you something," he offered kindly, "a good breakfast will do wonders for you."

Kalestiya nodded gratefully as Seran disappeared into the kitchen, returning moments later with a steaming plate of food for her. He set the plate down in front of her, and she eagerly dug in, savoring every bite.

After a few moments of silence, Seran cleared his throat, breaking the quiet atmosphere. "Lady Kalestiya," he began tentatively, "about those nightmares..."

Kalestiya froze mid-bite, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "It's nothing, really," she interrupted quickly, hoping to steer the conversation away from the unsettling topic. Seran leaned forward, his expression serious. "I don't think it's nothing," he persisted gently. "You've been having them quite frequently, and I'm worried they might be affecting you more than you realize."

Shaking her head, Kalestiya kept her eyes fixed on her plate. "It is just stress," she insisted. "They will pass eventually." Seran regarded her with a furrowed brow, his expression marked with concern. "And how long do you think that will take? If it's not affecting you now, it will eventually, and I can't watch you suffer in silence."

Kalestiya sighed, finally meeting his gaze. "It's not something I'm willing to discuss yet," she said softly, "and I would appreciate it if you respected that decision." Seran hesitated, searching her face intently. After a moment, he nodded slowly, leaning back in his chair. "Very well," he conceded, "but if things get worse, please let me know so I can help."

Before Kalestiya could reply, a young woman walked towards the table with a cannister of tea in hand. The girl was a servant from the inn; she smiled as she set down the cannister before retreating into the kitchen once more. Kalestiya poured herself a cup of tea and took a sip. The soothing warmth flooded her system, helping to ease some of her fatigue. "So," Seran said suddenly, changing the subject, "what are your plans for today?"

Kalestiya smiled gratefully as she continued sipping her tea. "Well, since we arrived in town yesterday evening, I haven't really had the chance to explore. I'd like to take some time to sightsee and maybe do a little shopping before we move on." Seran grinned as he leaned back in his chair. "Sounds like fun."

"Perhaps you could accompany me," Kalestiya suggested casually, taking another sip of tea. Seran raised an eyebrow at the suggestion, his eyes dancing with mischief. "Really?" he teased playfully, "are you asking me on a date?" Kalestiya choked on her drink, nearly spilling the hot liquid all over herself. "N-no!" she sputtered, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "It's not a date...it's just two friends enjoying a day in the town."

Seran laughed heartily as Kalestiya flushed a deep crimson. "I'm just kidding," he chuckled, "but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, you know." Kalestiya's eyes widened in shock as Seran smirked mischievously. "What?" he asked innocently, feigning confusion. Kalestiya shook her head, deciding not to respond. Instead, she focused on finishing her tea. As she set the cup down on the table, she glanced over at Seran who was watching her intently. His expression was unreadable, but his eyes shone with a glint of amusement. Kalestiya felt her cheeks begin to burn again, and she quickly looked away, rising from her chair. "I think I'll go get ready," she declared abruptly, "I want to get an early start." Seran nodded in agreement before following suit, his expression neutral once more. "Meet you outside in a bit?"

"Sounds good," Kalestiya replied, heading up the stairs to prepare for her outing.
    Last edited by Kalestiya; 03-31-2024 at 04:58 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Profile - Kalestiya Brightheart

Pronunciation - Kalestiya: ka.les.ti.ah
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------