EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    And there he stood.

A soft wind blew across the courtyard as her eyes rose to meet his. For a while all she did was pause, sitting on the back of her mighty tera'k, observing, taking in the truth.

He was here. In the capital of his personal empire. He was alive.

The breath expelled from her lungs in a long, silent breath as her heart pounded. Inside her head she screamed at herself.

Drys above he survived! I didn't believe it until now, but he is there. In the flesh! Oh beauty, oh god's, oh my darling...

Pull yourself together,
    came a sharp reply in her mind. Veridian was right behind her, of course.

Philomel winced, but only slightly and it occurred only as she finally rounded to be beside the Telgradian, her strong beast of burden bearing her weight as she looked down to the man who she had feared the loss of ... and had given up as being the soulmate of another. Whatever came now, Philomel was determined to see Shinsou and Amari happily as one, their bond secured with good sex (that Philomel would give instruction towards) and mutual affection.

"It's been a while, my friend." Shinsou said with a smile, offering the Faun his hand before helping her from the stirrups. "I've missed you."

Philomel blinked and her own eyes flickered to Shinsou's. Remain calm, she told herself.

And she did.

"You're looking very well; I'm glad." He went on, "Some very important things are happening right now. I badly need your help, Phi."

"You need our help?" her eyebrow arched as she spoke for the first time since their new meeting, "Well."

Turning, she reached up and cupped her hands around the small rabbit's belly. Mao snuffled her hand but let the action be carried out. As she did, Veridian assessed the situation, his steady gaze moving around the circle of soldiers. He seemed suspicious, but behind the appearance Philomel felt that he was satisfied with their safety.

These men are all trusted by Shinsou, she told her beloved. And the black riders did not attack us on the road. I think we are safe. We will be safe.

I agree, the russet-coloured fox replied, sweeping his tail back and forth. Then, with a soundless leap he moved from saddle to ground.

With a nod to him, Philomel placed Mao on her shoulder, where the rabbit nestled down, burrowing nose into violet hair. Looking over to Delath, who seemed excited as a hunting dog, she eased into his mind a sense of ease. With a brief look to her the earth dragon huffed, but accepted her decision as wrote. Twisting around he opened his jaw wider than his panting allowed, and then plunged it into the earth, maw working furiously. To those who had never seen the earth dragon burrowing it was a sight beyond imagining, as he literally ate into the ground beneath him and dug with massive claws. Body wriggling Delath disappeared in a cloud of dust and to the chorus of gasps, just as Philomel turned back to Shinsou with a small smirk on her face.

"Shinsou, it is good to see you alive, but it was I who sent you that initial letter. What do you need that is more important than my mission?"

His answer was vague: "I need people I trust, and those are in short supply. That is why I need you."
    Last edited by Philomel; 09-26-2017 at 01:53 PM.