Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    "Suravani was equally wise in guiding me to your side," Breaker said. He did not deny himself the pleasure of being pressed against Philomel astride her tera'k. He could have kept pace easily afoot, but the faun seemed to welcome his close company. "I feel we may become connected beyond our hunt for the lyre." Josh had seen two birds hunting in the loam seize on the same worm, and took it as an omen of his future with Philomel.

Perhaps one day we will have a chance to share a cup of whisky.

The tera'k's broad back shifted beneath them as they rode, following an overgrown trail, but a trail nonetheless. Weeds and vines choked the dusty path, and the trees that bordered it reached toward the companions with branches that swayed in the breeze. The wind touched the natural green leaves, making them chatter at the strange trio traveling below. It combed through the long grass, making it hiss with pleasure.

"We must be drawing near," Philomel said as the path broadened, touching the hilt of her sword. Josh breathed deeply and allowed his great perception to venture ahead of them. He could smell danger on the wind, wafting through the earthy aromas of the forest. He could hear tiny animals skittering through the loam and larger beasts lurking at a distance. He could sense some form of magic being used... still far away, but drawing nearer with each of the tera'k's lumbering steps.

"I can sense some magic ahead," Breaker murmured, sliding out of the saddle to lope beside the beast of burden like a stalking panther, "I do not know if it comes from sorcerers, or from enchantments... only that it waits for us." As he moved Josh loosened his muscles, rolling his ankles and shoulders and twitching his hips. Hesitation did not touch his gait; only deadly anticipation.

Philomel's enchanted violet cloak streamed behind her as she heeled the tera'k slightly, increasing its pace. The cloak reminded Breaker of his purpose.

"I will defend you with my life, lyre-bearer." He said as they approached a bend in a path, "Hold there." He added, raising a hand. "It may be wise to leave your beast here," he said, gesturing at the nearby trees. "There may be more monsters ahead, or creatures even more terrifying. If the tera'k spooks again, we may not be able to control it, nor chase it down."

The faun considered for a moment, and then nodded. Her hooves thudded to the ground and she led the beast into a protected copse of trees. She returned to the path brushing hair behind her shoulders, her face a determined mask.

"From here," she declared, "we travel by hoof and boot." Veridian swirled about her ankles like wildfire, chattering his agreement.
    Last edited by Breaker; 05-30-2018 at 09:59 AM.