"Ah, an Alchemist, I see! That makes a lot of sense with the mathematical equations..."

Ezra gave a gentle turn of the lips, somewhat being mentally stimulated at the discussion of magic. They kept their eyes focused on Nevin as he spoke, analyzing his face as much as they could. Humans were always rather unique in appearance, yet always had a lot in common despite most humans denying it. But something seemed different about this man. His deep red hair wasn't exactly uncommon, but his eyes were so dark... almost entirely black in appearance. But as his eyes shifted towards the book, they saw it: a faint flash of a dark red. That's definitely different from most humans. And there was something more, something in his face that Ezra couldn't quite place, but before they could really ponder on what was bothering them, the man muttered something under their breath that sent a chill into the Homunculus.

"Why do you have runes on your eyes?"

'Wait, he can see them!?' The Homunculi was internally panicking, but before they could refute the man's question, another person had walked up to the two and began talking to the seated man. Apparently, the alchemist was named Nevin, and had recently opened up a shop for his wares. Ezra jumped when the man- no, an elf- asked if they were a recent arrival and introduced themselves as Elthas. He was polite in tone and appearance, giving off a rather gentlemanly vibe. They could only give a small smile in response, reaching for the side of the dress to give a one handed curtsy.

"Uhh... yes. I arrived only a few days prior. My name is Ezra." They responded, still keeping a side glance at Nevin while awkwardly smiling at the elf before them. As soon as the elf had appeared, he walked off, talking to a storyteller a bit away. The moment the elf was distracted speaking with the cloaked man, Ezra shot a small glance towards the alchemist and gave him a somewhat worried look. They weren't trying to panic, but his perception of the runes on the eyes were worrying. The Homunculus couldn't afford to be found by the wrong people who might want to figure out what their eyes could do. With a quiet tone, but loud enough for Nevin to hear, they could only ask, "If you could keep what you noticed to yourself, I would be very appreciative. I suppose it could be discussed later... b-but not here."

Once more, the elf blew in before Ezra could say anything more and continued the conversation where he had left off as if he hadn't been swept away in the first place. The alchemist began talking about his shop more, as well as his hunt in the forest. The Homunculi let out a small breath of relief but an idea popped into their head as the two men spoke. Perhaps a bribe of a good hunt might help keep the purple-eyed mage's secret? They shifted somewhat uncomfortably as they stood, quietly placing their arms behind their back and listening to the human and the elf speak.