"Oh." His head was clear now, and Nevin felt he knew that voice - knew it quite well in fact, despite the fact that it had been some time since he had last spoken with the other individual who was currently locked up in a cell with him. There was no way, no way at all that these idiots could have known what they were doing when they put him in here with her. No way they could have known that he would never think for a moment that she would hurt him, at least willingly. If she had been in here so long she had gone mad that was another story - but that did not seem to be the case, as she was speaking clear, coherent sentences, and actively trying to scare him away by clacking her beak in his direction.

He felt a tremor of rage run down his spine at the fear that was in her voice, and he relished the sting of pain as he dug his nails into the palm of his hand, the small white crescents not quite breaking the skin. There was no easy way of telling what had happened to her in here - Nevin was already well acquainted with the fact that these bastards were cruel and rough to their captives. She sounded terrified, a note in her final words that stung him. Stare, Avis, was afraid of him. And he did not appreciate that fact.

Worse, he couldn't see what was wrong with her. She was huddled up in a corner in the darkest part of the cell, and did not seem to have recognized him at all. He didn't dare get too close while she was afraid like this either - he had seen what her claws looked like and he did not relish the idea of getting more personally acquainted with them while she was lashing out in fear - he doubted he would survive such an exchange. He had to think of some way of getting her to calm down - the alchemist didn't even know if she could understand him through her fear.

Slow, careful steps carried him over to the darker part of the cage as his eyes tried to adjust to the gloom. The lines along his exposed chest were glowing a faint red from the blood trickling down his face, but that weak paltry light did not pierce the gloomy shadows that she was huddled in - just enough to show that she was backed into the very corner. Nevin slowly sat down, staying a short distance away from her, suppressing the anger as he closed his eyes.

"While I had hoped to see you again I could have done without the ah, less than stellar accommodations, and I think you might agree with me. So, dear Avis, how would you like to get out of here and exact a little retribution along the way?" He used her old name in the hope of disassociating himself from the assholes who had captured them. And while he generally had an 'I don't care leave me alone attitude' this situation was one he felt comfortable in being... Unbridled. Now, he just hoped that she wouldn't attack him out of fright.