Sketch sat on his feather down bed, he'd asked for it specifically to help him get as much sleep as he could. He nodded to the alchemist sitting on the bench across the room, his books and notes in front of him. Sketch wasn't sure how this was going to feel, mainly because the first one had the lowest dose of the tranquilizer, so he wasn't sure how deep the sleep would be. He took the flask in his hands, and unstopped it. The chemical had a flavor of rich licorice, mixed with a little bit of corn syrup, and it had a consistency similar to milk.

Sketch felt the effects almost instantly, as a weight slowly creeped from the top of his head to his shoulders, and then to the rest of him. The world in front of Sketch grew hazy as his eye lids became too heavy to lift. Sketch put effort into lifting his legs off the floor and setting them on the bed, and then laying his head on the pillow. He counted down from 10 and made it to 8 as he fell asleep. His mind wasn't as completely numb as he thought it'd be, he was remotely aware of something. he couldn't be sure, but he felt that it tasted like... walrus? No no, it was more like chartreuse, yes that was it.

The scene in his eyes was something like a waterfall, with color racing through him rather than in front of his eyes. The cascading colors spread apart, and the scene in his head was something different from either a dream or one of the nightmare scenes of the Grym. There was a man sitting in a chair, his entire body was a dark translucent black. He sat with his hands grasping the arms of the chair, and Sketch felt the man staring right at him. "Well this is a surprise! I didn't expect that we'd meet yet. And I never expected we'd meet at my place. You aren't ready for me yet, but i'm itching to get outside and play," the man said, his voice a pleasant baritone. "I'm afraid you'll have to leave, and I'm locking the door behind you, but it was nice to meet you."

Sketch awoke with a start, panting hard and sweating heavily. He looked over at Nevin, sitting on the bench with a book in his hand. "I think we'll need a stronger dose. That one was... strange. Not bad, but I don't want to see that again." He rubbed his eyes, feeling slightly more rested. He took the next vial, and nodded at Nevin once more, drank the syrup, and this time fell completely asleep almost instantly. The increase in concentration causing a quicker reaction, and a deeper sleep.
This time, Sketch had no dreams.