It was unexpected to see the Fae. Last she had seen him, he left her with Vincent. Convinced the stubborn and awful man would 'help' her. When all he did was spout insults toward her before throwing her halfway across the world.The tiny fae's grip caused frost to form on Scarlet's body, but it had little to no effect on her. She was virtually immune to the cold weather.

Scarlet's calculating gaze lifted from the Fae who was nuzzling into her toward the dog he kept as a pet. It kept its distance from her, ears flat against its furry head. Good. It wouldn't be a bother. It'd serve a useful purpose later, but for now. She'd leave the beast be.

"It's been some time...Fenn..." Her hands crackled as an ominous red glow spurt forth from them they hovered over the child, ready to rip him to pieces. She stopped short. No... just doing away with him wasn't right. He would learn no lessons. Seth had been right in one thing, Scarlet relied on physical pain to quell her adversaries, there was so much more she could do. Fenn needed to learn what the world was like, he was far too innocent, too oblivious. Wrapped up in the whole 'good vs evil' thing. When neither such thing existed. She'd open his eyes, she'd show him what the world was truly like.

Her lips twisted into a small grin as the light disappeared from her hands, they gently landed on Fenn's head. She ran her fingers back and forth through his hair. "I've missed you Fenn. We have so, so much to discuss. Don't you think?" Her hand fell from his head and snaked up under his chin, lifting it so she could stare into his large, green eyes. They stared up at her with mild curiosity, relief and acceptance. He gave her a small nod. Amari's grin widened.

"Good. Good..." She purred as she let go of him. "There's a small abandoned house, not too far from here, let's go there. I can start a fire for us, of course -" She paused as she glanced over her shoulder at him. "For light. Not for warmth, I know how you dislike it." She held her arms out wide, "and as you can see, Fennick. The cold doesn't bother me."