Sketch stood in front of the ship, the salt air licking his face. Sketch relished the sensation, he'd never seen the ocean before. The rough hewn wooden dock under his feet swayed slightly under his feet and he could hear the gulls laughing in the distance.

The faun that traversed the walkway in front of them was a beautiful specimen, clad in the scales of dragons and strong, shining chain, straight out of a heroic epic. She didn't cut the traditional figure of a pirate captain that came to mind, but she certainly looked like a formidable warrior. She spoke to the pair with a voice of practiced authority, and the sound of it made Sketch stand straighter.

Nevin introduced himself and answered the captain's questions about someone named "Stare" whom Sketch had never heard of before. At the mention of a prison break, Sketch couldn't help but stare at the man. In the time that he'd known Nevin, he'd never thought of him as a coward, yet he never seemed the overly adventurous sort who'd get into trouble.

Once it was Sketch's turn to introduce himself, he mustered as much respect and dignity as he could, "Captain Van der Art,I am Sketch, Speaker for the Grym," he gave his deepest bow, his hand over his chest in salute. "Never have I heard of a finer vessel since the tale of Varian Stormblessed." He gave the golden eyed fox an equal bow, "The only person I know in this whole situation is Sir Nevin, unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of meeting this "Stare". I however humbally request your tutelage, Mistress. I have journies I must take, and I doubt my chances of survival with my skills as they are currently." Sketch didn't lift his head from the bow until the captain addressed him, trying to keep his voice calm, sincere and dispassionate.

Sketch didn't want to seem like he was groveling, all of his words were more of a form of sincere flattery, truth be told. As things stood, he wouldn't be able to uncover any of the deeper mysteries of the Grym without running into something that could either over power his mindless Grym, or catch him off guard, and he'd be done.

The prospect of the weapon Nevin had designed was something he rather enjoyed. As a blade it'd allow him to defend himself, and the chain would allow him to bind enemies for his Grym. The downside was that such a versatile weapon was just as likely to hurt him if he didn't know what he was doing. Sketch hoped deeply that the pirate captain would allow him to stay and study under her.