"...I am confused. Why would I need to see a female medic? A person's sexual organs do not define their skill in their craft. You are the most qualified in alchemical knowledge currently in the town. You clearly saw the runes in my eyes, you can read alchemy symbols, and you have proven to hold certain secrets and can be trusted... somewhat. I admit I am not entirely sure of your intentions, but I need answers and you are the best one to assist me."

Ezra looked to Nevin with a curious expression, noticing the reddening of his cheeks and his inability to make eye contact with them. Was the alchemist embarrassed by their appearance? They sighed and pulled their long hair over their shoulder, exposing their back and upper arms entirely to him. What were once was hidden by white locks now stood out clearly against Ezra's darker skin. A multitude of magic symbols were tattooed across their body, from the neck down to the lower back and to mid-arm. The pure white symbols seeming to glow in the candlelight, giving off an ethereal aura. Their placements seemed random, but there was an obvious focal point on the right shoulder. Specifically, there was a lack of symbols in a six inch circle. However, the edge of the circle had many complicated runes, a strange mixture of alchemy, healing magic, even necromancy. There were also several other markings, even words in other languages but they seemed to weave in and out. And where there were no symbols, scars of various sizes lay against the skin. All had healed over well, and most looked to be surgical in nature, but a few seemed more recent and from Ezra's travels.

The Homunculi turned slightly, keeping one arm draped over their chest and pinning their hair down. Although they did not understand society's embarrassment and confusion of the nude form, they remembered from their time on the farm that a lady must keep their upper body covered as it was considered inappropriate in most company. And if this town was to know them as a woman, they would have to continue to play the part to the best of their knowledge. A sudden thought rushed into their head as they looked to Nevin. What would the man want as payment for the assistance? Ezra had little gold to speak of; Ezoreth, in his planning, hadn't considered that their home would be destroyed by his magics. Maybe they would go hunt some game and cook Nevin a nice meal. If he was up this late, it was likely the man wasn't getting much sleep or eating well. But would that be enough?

"Sir Nevin, I realize I ask these favors without considering a form of payment for services rendered. Is there something I can do for you in return?"