Ezra watched Nevin move away once more with a calm gaze. It was nice that he offered a position to work in his shop. Despite not being a true apprenticeship, it would be enough to start working and getting a small education on alchemic basics and learning social cues for down the road. On the mental track of social cues, however, the Homunculi could not understand why the alchemist was so wary to be close to them. He couldn't examine the runes very well from a distance, right? So why was he so wary to be close?

"Sir Nevin, your explanation on the runes in my eyes does make a bit of sense. But I must ask yet another question: why are you so afraid of me? Is it my appearance? Because I assure you that I will not harm you. I cannot say who between the two of us is physically stronger, but I have no intention of getting into such an altercation. I am simply here for academic purposes relating to my body and the arcane runes inscribed upon it." They continued staring at the man, head tilted slightly to the side in confusion. "Or are you perhaps dissuaded by the fragrance I put on? I was told it was pleasant smelling for men so I thought it might perhaps help sway you to assisting me in my line of questioning. Or, is there something else..."

"Please, Miss Ezra, keep your distance it is not proper!"

They continued standing there, blank faced and seeming as if they had short circuited. Suddenly, their eyes seem to sparkle with realization as they started to move towards Nevin, then suddenly shifted and began pacing as they spoke rapidly. "Oh, I understand now! Certain human societal rules dictate a specific sort of boundary regarding those of the opposite sex who are not in a romantic relationship. Due to our late night rendezvous and your reaction, there must have been a violation I had inadvertently committed. Although that doesn't explain your flustered face and slightly off breathing pattern. Hmmm..." They eventually stopped in front of the counter, leaning against the wood while still in thought with arm wrapped around their chest.

"Well, I am currently covering my chest so you are not seeing any sort of "inappropriate" view according to your soci-" Ezra paused, quickly whipping their head towards Nevin with an unholy speed. Their hair flew in front of their face, covering part of their face. They continued their ramble as they wiped their hair away. "Oh! I understand! Your erratic breathing, the avoidance of being near me, the flustering of your cheeks... You have developed a physical attraction to my appearance and you are embarrassed by your lack of control of your primal nature. But it is quite alright, I assure you. I only wish to learn, not... what is the phrase, 'take a bite out of you?' Is that it? Your odd linguistic phrases are rather vexing at times."

They gave Nevin a small smile in reassurance. "If it will make you feel more at ease, you may ask any questions about my appearance or background. If you would rather view my body to comprehend my inquiries, I understand. It is not exactly an easy topic, but I believe our relationship will work best if there is trust going both ways."