Leila landed on her round bum, her vision slightly blurred from the rough passage but also the tears. She stood quickly, her knuckles white with rage as she banged on the brick wall where the portal had spit her and her mother out.

“No, no Gods damn him no!” She screamed at the wall attracting the attention of a few citizens. Her body shook with sorrow and exhaustion, each blow from her fist lessened as her strength slowly betrayed her.

“Why, why would you let him do such a thing.” She directed her rage towards her mother who was slowly getting to her feet.

“Because I would do anything to save you and those babes,” she nodded down at her swollen belly as she reached out to touch it.

Leila swatted her hand away in disgust as she stalked off down the alley. Her mother quick in toe calling after to her. “I have to save him,” she called over her shoulder.

“You need rest and food, Josh knew what he was doing when he agreed to it. He cares for you and the babes and you haven’t rested or eaten since your quest has begun.” Her mother followed her into the busy streets of Fallien.

Leila rough shoved her way through the sea of bodies, her mother hot on her heels. “I will rest and heal once I free, Breaker.” She growled with irritation.

Leila’s unique orbs searched each shop desperately, she needed to quickly find a way to get back to Josh before Ragnar did unspeakable things to him for killing his eldest son.

Simone finally cornered her in a shop, “Leila you listen to me.” She took her daughter’s hand in her own. “I am doing this for your own good, once you are rested and healed we will look for him. I am sorry to do this.” Simone murmured softly.

“Do wha-,” a soft white powder was blown into her face as her vision blurred. Slowly everything went black as her mother’s arms wrapped around her.

“Once I get you to a healer, you rest and I know those babes I promise to help you Leila. Please find a way to forgive me.” Was the last Leila heard before everything went dark.