The water in the kettle began to bubble and boil furiously, but it was ignored.

What had Stare just called them? Friend of demons? Ezra was not certainly a friend of demons, although there might have been one. Ezoreth did make a deal with some form of entity to keep Ezra safe, and thinking back to their conversation, the homunculus was pretty sure the masked figure had stated they were a demon. But did that make them friends? It was more like a business deal, but they didn't really understand how that made one friends. But, if that is what Stare saw them as, there had to be a reason why, and perhaps it had to do with her magic. Further investigation was needed.

"Interesting. So your vision allows you to see the 'true self' of an individual. You stated that you are able to see the soul, the gender, race, even powers? I would say that I am rather upset at this turn of events. Having you here would have sped up my research significantly, and the fact Sir Nevin hid such a fascinating friend makes me upset."

Despite stating their unhappiness, the homunculus' face and voice showed no sign of displeasure, no clear showing of any emotion at all. They began pulling various herbs out from one of the cabinets, muttering aloud about the ratios of lavender to sage and how much of the dried citrus needed to go in. Retrieving two rather plain teacups from another cabinet, Ezra quickly portioned out various ingredients that went into the teacups before moving the kettle from over the flame to pouring the hot water. Once both cups were full, they gently poured the remaining water over the flame to douse it and turned back to Stare.

"Stare." They started, eyes locked with the kenku. "I am in need of your ability. If you can see what I truly am, as you so claim, then I must know the answer. Sir Nevin and I have been at a crossroads for a while regarding my origin, so you may be the catalyst to restart my investigation. Will you assist me?"

"Also, please stop assuming I am going to attack you. I feel at this point I am just repeating myself. I do not want to fight you. I do not wish you harm. I have no interest in delving into a contest of blows with you in this shop or even outside of it. We are to have tea and have a nice social gathering with you, the kenku, and myself, the alchemist's assistant."