"Well. Hm. I don't know. I'm still getting a handle on what I can do myself. I primarily focus on blood alchemy - using my blood magic to draw out parts of an animal or a donor and make them into potions. I also have some skill in manipulating the physical structure of blood, controlling shape and density and the like. I... beyond that, I have not yet tried to experiment." Nevin rubbed his hand against his other bicep, frowning. He was being as honest as he could - and he was still figuring out whether or not his 'threads' were actually blood or not. He didn't know if this rune mage could use his runes to draw forth power from blood - it was entirely possible, even outside of the Church of Crimson people would use blood magic. But - Nevin didn't know what that would entail. He wasn't some kind of voodoo mage, using blood magic to harm others.

Perhaps that was something he could look into though, using the power of blood magic to fuel some kinds of enchantments? What he had done so far had primarily been focused on using inherent qualities in blood to do alchemy - but he knew there were more things that could be done. Trying to figure out how to use blood magic in terms of thaumaturgy might be interesting - could he use blood to create a binding between the blood and the donor, so he could use it to track the donor? Or - could he perhaps use the blood to create very specific medicines or poisons for that very same individual, keying the potion to the person whose blood was imbued in it? That was a possibility. Hm. The blood alchemist frowned and drummed his fingers on the table before looking up and blinking.

"My apologies. We can certainly try and see if you can tap into the Great Flow, if you want - it might not be safe at the moment though, because from what I know the current connection in this world is oriented more towards that negative aspect, the thing that sent its servants into this plane of existence. I've been doing research and some experiments myself, but from what I can tell... the original god of the Great Flow is dead." Nevin's frown deepened as he finally vocalized his fear and his suspicion. "So, perhaps for now, an experiment into trying to use runic magic would best be done on blood that I have created a connection to, to prevent an opportunity for that other thing to make its way here." That damn cult - he would have to make sure that he had destroyed every scrap of them, and reset any who weren't too far gone to the brighter, more healthy Church.