“I have what we need. Now I just need a pan, a heat source, and water.” Nevin spoke quietly. He didn't think she would judge him for knowing this formula, but at the same time it wasn't exactly a reputable thing to know. And this would be the first time Stare learned he knew of more - more unsavoury potions and tonics.

She began walking with him, taking his elbow gently and briefly to begin their gain of distance away from the streets. For two blocks she said nothing, until they were in a quieter place, distant from retailers and now amongst residential housing.

“You have two options,” she spoke quietly. “Either the mansion or we head straight to where we were going anyway. There are kitchens in it, as well as a sort of mess for the guards. I do not usually go there dressed as I am but it is not unknown.” In all honesty how she was clothed was the least of her worries right now. “I guess we …”

Grumbling to herself she gave up putting the time off and shoved at the borders of her mind. It took time but a grunting voice replied, lined with annoyance.

What? I am busy.

I gathered you would be, she hastily replied, But I need something. I need … and she explained the entire situation as fast as she could, to an unimpressed, sarky noble. Everything from Nevin arriving in the city, to him making a tonic that could get them the information. Vitruvion listened with surprisingly few interruptions, one being a forced image of the rich red curtains of his bed, in his room at the Hollow, which she immediately dismissed. Please, she sighed. This might actually be a chance of what you yourself want.

He was quiet for a while. Contemplative as the anger swept away. Minorly.

Fine. But I am not permitting any use of his magic whilst he is down here, Stare. The liability is on you alone.

Thank you, she said quickly, and then withdrew. He of course might still have been there, but as he could linger without her needing to feel his presence, it was no concern of hers. Instead she looked right at Nevin.

“Sorry about that. Basically, I have permission to take you there.”

“That makes sense, as it is his domain.” Nevin frowned and rubbed the back of his head as he thought. Creating the tonic would work at the house or down there. Normally he would have said to just work at the house and then go down there, but considering she had just gone through the effort to garner permission for him to go down there… He sighed, he wouldn't force her to go down there in her formal attire.

“I can brew it easily enough down there. But if you want to stop by the house to change, I can make it there while you do so. I think the less time I spend down there, the happier he will be. And the less in need of some kind of outlet I will be. Going on an experimentation binge would be a bad idea, I think.” He smiled, trying to show that his last words were just a joke.

“So then, my lady. Let us travel to your humble abode, shall we?”