‘Entertained’ was it? Nevin felt his lip curl in disgust for a moment before he suppressed it. He had already made his feelings on that place quite clear - and Stare clearly agreed with it. If that meant Nevin wouldn't have to deal with Vitruvion any time soon… He honestly wasn't sure if he felt good or bad about that thought. He let out a sigh and shook his head before focusing on the other part of what she had said.

They worked with a demon occasionally? That was rather interesting. He hadn't spent too much time studying that book on demon magic that they had acquired before - maybe he should devote more attention to that. As it was though, he sipped more of his tea before smiling.

“Well, I hope that I'm better company than a demon. I shall happily take you up on the offer then, if it won't be putting you in an untenable situation.”

Stare wanted to reply, ‘Honestly, I have done worse,’ but she simply inclined her head. She took up her cup of tea, and took a small sip, tilting the ceramic against the very tip of her long, thick beak.

“Though I have a low opinion of demons in general Nosdyn is a little different, his relationship with us is complicated. Vitruvion likes him less than he likes you, so that is saying something.” But then, she considered, Nosdyn had been her first proper friend made outside the closely knit circle of the god’s kingdom. That, coupled with the fact that he was a demon and thus possibly one day offering a sizeable challenge to Vitruvion made the god less eager to adapt to him. Nevin was opposite, however. Vitruvion was utterly curious when it came to the blood mage.

“But you are welcome to stay. Though things are what they are I do actually have some say in my life.” She paused and set down her tea cup. “As to the other matter … in no few words, we now have a captive mage of the same demonic church and Bounty Hunter Guild who captured us. I told you a little about them at the castle, if you remember, but not about the mage. At that time I did not know if he would ever wake up so be of use but … well,” she was almost whispering now. “It might be useful to you too?”

Nevin had thought that Vitruvion’s opinion of him was about as low as it could go, so to hear that he liked someone else even less was actually rather astonishing. It also made him wonder what kind of person this demon was - did Vitruvion object to him Nev's use of his race, or was it because of his actions or words? Hmm. Perhaps he needed to meet this demon, find out if he could work with the other to put a thorn in Vitruvion's side. He watched his friend take a drink before continuing.