Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “Ansaldo’s balls,” she whispered, “Nevin, you have … near divine magic flowing through you. You are growing in power.” Caution came into then, her eyes regarding him up and down. Knowing that he might not be listening, but just in case, she slipped Vitruvion the image of the swirling chakras from Nevin and left it at that.

She received no answer.

That made Nevin stop and stare at his friend, his eyes wide in disbelief. He looked down at his hands, then back at her, his jaw hanging open. The man tried to speak once, then again, but each time they came out a wordless croak that conveyed nothing other than sheer shock.

Someone else might have disbelieved Stare when she said that. If someone else had told Nevin that, he would have laughed in their face. He had thought his threads and his magic were at best eldritch, from outside of this world - never would he have thought they were divine. He had thought that the name the Crimson Church gave him was just a title that they were calling him by in order to feel more legitimate about themselves.

But. Nevin already knew that Stare’s eyes could see more than the real world, and could pierce into hidden secrets. That was how they had become friends after all, when she had seen the mess that was his soul. The alchemist swallowed, his throat suddenly painfully dry. He almost wanted it not to be true - wait. There was one question, a way out.

“I… Uh. Are you sure? It's not like you've…. Seen a lot of divine magic, right?”

Her brow rose and she looked directly at him, staring straight at him. Her look was so direct, so penetrating that if Nevin had not known her he might be fearful. Slowly one of her hands ground into a fist and she straightened, immediately switching into the mode of the old lie that had kept Vitruvion from breaking his promise to the Althanas pantheon.

“I have seen plenty, Nevin,” she spoke carefully. “I have told you before that Vitruvion is a powerful mage. I also hinted at it once, but the truth is he is a partial celestial being. A form of angel, which is not as uncommon as you might think. Aasimars, half angels, appear in many tales, many armies. I have worked with them a few times.” And with her heart pounding against her chest she turned roughly away, the sort-of half-truth but also pain of lying burning at her throat.

Marching away she came to a set of ornate black iron gates. Beyond them was a grand two floor house with a stone driveway and huge bay windows. The roof was terracotta like many others around the area and the walls a pale yellow. A sprawling orchard and vineyard fell away to one side of the lawn, where one man could be seen slowly pruning. Setting her hand on the latch of the gates Stare pushed her way through into the Elssmith manor estate, leaving her friend to make of what he would with her words. Her clawed feet scraped across the stone work as she made her way direct to the huge double doors.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “This way, if you please sir.” Druss seemed a bit hesitant as he started walking in the direction that he had indicated. As the two passed by the grand columns and entered the back of the house - the mansion really despite what Stare called it - Nevin noticed that the style changed. While the servant’s areas were still obviously of fine, high quality design and make, they were done in simpler styles, quiet refinement showcased here instead of the vaulted ceilings and ostentatious portraits.

While Nevin still felt fairly out of place in this extravagant mansion, he was clearly more at ease here in the quiet, simple halls. He saw the butler raise an eyebrow at him, obviously wondering who this “friend from Corone” was, but he was too well trained to bluntly ask. He fit the elegant, refined side of Stare that Nevin had come to know here Beinost.

It didn't take long for the two men to reach the kitchens, and Druss opened it and cleared his throat loudly, the sound cutting through the quiet clamor of the kitchen with ease. Many people in the kitchen turned to stare at the door, before a rather plump, pleasant looking woman - who Nevin noted was about Stare’s height - came bustling up to them, looking them both up and down before speaking over her shoulder.

“Back to work you lot. Well Mr. Druss, who’s this you've brought us today? New cook’s apprentice? He looks like he’d be handy in the kitchen, if for nothing else than getting things off high shelves.” Nevin blanched a bit before shaking his head rapidly.

“Ah, Mrs. Deerling, yes?” Druss and Deerling’s eyes opened wide. “I am a friend of Stare’s, she told me your name. Unfortunately madam I am no chef, or cook - if I attempt to make cuisine, it ends quite horribly for anyone involved. I am an Alchemist madam, and I have been tasked with making a tonic to help Sir Elssmith out with one of his projects. I need to borrow the usage of a pan and a wooden spoon, and a stove top from this fine kitchen.” Mrs. Deerling looked him up and down suspiciously, clearly not wanting to give up precious space in her kitchen. She broke when Druss spoke up.

“Lady Stare did say it was on the orders of Sir Elssmith as well as her own.” With a frustrated sigh the cook threw her hands up.

“Very well very well. I can't be getting in the way of the Lord’s commands. Timin, go fetch a pan and a spoon, and show this gentleman the way to stove seven. Hop to it lad.” A young boy of maybe twelve summers squeaked and put down the potato he was peeling, and hurried to gather up the items before waving energetically to Nevin. The redhead bowed to Druss and Deerling, then followed after the child to set up.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    She nodded, looking a lot more comfortable now. Gesturing to the back of the kitchen she led Nevin to a small door, that led into a small store room, and from that outside. Bright daylight came to their eyes as well as the smell of hay to their noses.

“We've got mounts,” she gestured as she walked at a building just to the side, where a horse's head could be seen poking over the edge of a half door. “You can ride, right?”

As she came to the stables a loud ‘cawk’ came. A smile brightened in Stare's eyes as she began to run, heading over to a half-door that was mostly closed. Throwing it open she revealed the presence of a bright and merry chocobo head.

“Hi,” she said quietly and rubbed the bird's beak. Her eyes turned and looked at Nevin as he approached. “This is Sen.”

Nevin felt a spike of curiosity that rapidly grew into delight. For a moment he was confused, until he realized that the emotions weren't his own, but Aphrael’s. He shifted on his feet as he tried to suppress the grin that tried to break out in response to his familiar’s emotions, and instead raised an eyebrow as the bird-mount turned to look at him with a curious eye.

Creeeaar! Sen squawked at him joyfully, craning her neck towards him. Nevin tentatively reached up and stroked the bird’s neck, his eyes wide.

“I…. Knew how to ride, once. Horses don't like me these days, so I haven't had a chance in a long few years. And I haven't seen a chocobo in that time. I…” He swallowed, roughly forcing down the lump in his throat as the bird preened itself on his scratching fingers. “She's beautiful.” At that point, Aphrael reached them, her crimson-stained wings flaring out wide as she landed heavily on Nevin’s shoulder, trilling a happy greeting to Stare and Sen. At the sound of the flute pipes, horses started to poke their heads out over their stall doors to see what was going on.

Stare let out a soft laugh, her eyes glancing to Aphrael briefly. She gave the crow a formal bow of her head. “I got used to riding one out in the flock lands, where my people came from. When I found a breeder over the mountains it was little difficulty getting some over. Sen is mine, but that's Rai is in the back,” she stepped to the side to nod at a dark red chocobo at the back, feeding.

Rai glanced up and fixed them with a single proud eye. Stare found herself smiling and took up the reins attached around Sen's head and opened the door. The fine black beast revealed his dark glory, all six foot tall of it. Leading him over to a stand she nodded to Nevin.

“You can use Rai if you want.”

Meanwhile she grabbed a saddle and began lashing it to Sen's back, who stood perfectly still and patient.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."