"Yes," Stare grunted a reply, and she refused to look at the slave concubine.

"This and this," he gestured, and from behind him a huge hand that could only belong to Brer swept forwards two pieces of fabric, holding them out to Stare.

She paused, looking confused for a moment before Vitruvion nodded at Blaze. He leant closer to Stare, and spoke for only those in his party could hear.

"Blindfold and gag, my dear. Do it for me."

Immediately Stare's jaw stiffened, and she felt the warmth rush out of her body. For the second time in a week or so he was requesting her to assist in the marks of enslavement that she herself used to be a victim of. Hypocrite, bitch and pig were descriptions of herself that crossed her mind. Last time he had had her lock Sable in her room. This time it was a public show of how she had altered.

"I-"

Do it, girl. He hissed. Do not deny my authority in front of all of these. It's an order, you know it.

Yes, for you to display how you've 'tamed' me. Brought me onto your side. She stared back at him intensely, making no sign of their internal conversation.

He gazed back with stern, blue eyes. One, if you do not, there will be hell to pay. Two, these people need to know who is in ultimate command. Is that me or you?

She huffed darkly through her nostrils.

Well? Is that me or-

Yes, my fucking lord, she growled back and twisted away from his eyes. For all the others might have seen what had occurred was nothing more than a staring contest. Now Stare was moving as fast as she could, grabbing the horrible stretches of fabric. She did not look at Blaze as she moved to the redhead's side.

"You absolute bitch," she screamed, "Traitor and-"

Well done, Stare savagely whispered at her master as she lifted the first piece of fabric to tie it around Blaze's mouth, cutting off the vulgar language. You have now made me hate myself.

And that moment she did. The ways she had changed, the alternations from one side to the other. Serving under her god whom she could not get away from, and not deny. Who was manipulative, proud and all into the public gestures of his once reluctant sex slave who was now his paid and respected servant (still slave though in private company). Stare knew she was truly his in that moment, in more ways than when she had been in the Hollow. As she tied the first knots to silence, then blind Blaze she felt the cold stab of acknowledgement to what Raevin had said.