In hindsight, Ven probably should have paid more attention to the little frost fae. Previously, he was was focused on Nevin, and that focus made him tune out Fenn almost entirely. It was that weird situation where you know someone is there but don't really react. Of course, with how Ven's mind worked, it eventually shifted focus to Fenn. When he did, Ven had to blink a few times. When he focused on Fenn, he could hear him speak, if speaking was what you would call it. He didn't move his mouth, but he could hear words. They were soundless, yet they were full of emotion and cheer, and had an strange echo effect to them.

Where he did not hear Fenn then, he did now.

"Ahh, well, sorry about that. I must have not heard you earlier," he explained to the fae. "My mind often wanders when I'm focused on something, and sometimes miss a thing or two."

He then gave a apologetic smile before moving on. "That being said, I'm more of spring than a wire. The ice thing is cool too, pun intended. Though why write words when you can speak them? You've clearly shown your ability to talk, and really, writting is for letters and signs."