"Apologies. The child did not specify what my presence was needed for, so I grabbed my weapon just in case it was needed sooner. However, I do recommend we hurry as the small child has been left with Nan and I do not know how long he will be able to distract her for." Ezra explained in a quiet manner, purple eyes glancing between Nevin and the man seated and eating his way through a rather uncooked steak. The man seemed to have a somewhat normal appearance; just a middle-aged human with black hair and the uncommon green eyes. His skin was somewhat blotchy, but it would have been impolite to ask about why that was. Perhaps it was just the life of an adventurer who had met a danger once upon a time. They would likely have to inquire about his story at another point in time, but for now, work called.

As the man finished his meal as well as the alcohol that accompanied it, the homunculus couldn't help but blanch slightly at the sight. They had tried alcohol once before and found the drink to be disgusting and bitter tasting. They would honestly have rather eaten a dozen of Nevin's disgusting strawberry candies at the same time than attempt to drink another form of 'mead' or whatever the villagers were drinking. They continued to stare at the man's mug for a long moment, then quietly shook their head to refocus. Meeting new people was an important thing to focus on, and being rude by getting lost in thought was not appropriate for the situation, especially doubly so when the danger could become very real.

"I am ready as well, Sir Nevin. And Sir... Jethro, was it? My name is Ezra, I am an apprentice of Nevin's alchemy shop and an average student in the art of magic. I hope to work with you, sir." The homunculus offered their hand to the man, and they simply waited for the man to shake their hand or simply ignore it and move on.