Rayleigh looked like she may say something snarky, and for the briefest moment, she considered it. But when she looked at her companion, she saw no malice, good natured or otherwise, in those deep blue eyes. He merely smiled when he caught her looking at him, and she smiled back.

"I could stand to eat something," she answered, pressing the flat of her hand against her stomach. Now that the seasickness had subsided, she realized how hungry she was. And, if the scents that carried from nearby restaurants were any indication, the meal he offered her was a deal too good to pass up. Her gaze wandered across one restaurant in particular as they passed it, then jumped to another. "You know," she mused aloud, "all of these places have tables outside." They spilled into the wide street, large, sturdy tables and chairs that showed no indication of being easily moved. Alerar featured very few outdoor venues; Ettermire was an especially dangerous place to eat, considering the pollution. The handful of cafes that did provide outdoor seating brought the furniture in when the weather turned nasty. That did not appear to be the case here. Even the umbrellas that speckled the patios appeared to be crafted of thin fabric, better suited for protecting from sun than from rain. "What do they do when it storms?"

"It rarely does," came Vincent's answer. "Almost always sunny. Makes it the perfect place for tourists. Tourism is their main source of income."

"You know a lot about this place," Ray commented, turning for a restaurant with an open table.

Following close behind her, Vince said, "I spent a lot of time researching it." A pause, and then, "you know, for the mission."

If the brunette found anything odd in his response, she gave no indication as she dropped into the sturdy, wooden chair. The décor, she noted appreciatively, was comprised nearly entirely of natural pieces. Wooden totem poles held a thatched roof over an open bar, and tiny trees in brightly painted clay pots dotted the patio. "I've never been anywhere like this," she admitted suddenly, leaning forward in her chair to gently touch the floral arrangement that sat in the middle of the table. "Everything is so bright, and alive, and happy."