EXP required for next Level: 5,244

GP

Name
    Marcus Heropic
    Race
    Skeleton

View Profile
    A few notes more notes here.

Regarding the fact that you were previously approved with these abilities, there are two things to take into consideration. One, we do things a little differently on 4.0, so some characters have to get nerfed regardless. Two, because "Undead Bone" wasn't in the correct section of your profile before, the previous moderator missed it and didn't count it toward your abilities. I apologize for the staff error, however these abilities will now be included in your TPL and it may be necessary to nerf certain things.
    - I felt it was in the correct category since it related to his appearence and the effects there in. Do remember there was never a set way to lay out a profile. Obviously, I had no idea this may have been missed by Hys - but I can only assume you spoke to him about that to find it out. I have re-structured that part of the profile to help explain it so it hopefully fits better now. I have also raised the status of my profile to Level 4(unless you'd prefer me to post it as a new thread) to help compensate for the new adjustments to the system at 4.0.

Thank you for the additional information on Elite's abilities. These details will influence the power levels I assign them. No problem - Honestly, I write it more vague than explanatory because I don't want to spell out all his potential weaknesses to other writers I may have to write against. Imagination is the aim of the game, although I appreciate it should be clear that he has weaknesses as well.

Regarding the lack of ability to lose stamina - I'm sorry, but you can't have unlimited stamina, even with the debuff to his speed. This would not have been approved before if the previous moderator had noticed it. - Again, forgive the ignorance here. When I've had something approved previously it kinda knocks you for six when you're suddenly told its not right. I don't mind fixing these I'm just trying to find the right balance. I have nerfed this considerably within my new spec. I hope it fits better now, as he no longer gains the advantages it appears he once did.

And that leads me to the next point. I can appreciate you think that the game logic we use is "stupid" however it is the game logic we use, and therefore you'll have to play by it like everyone else. If you don't want to put a multiplier on Elite's strength and stamina, that is fine, however you do need to compare it to something tangible, or find another way of telling me how strong he is. If it remains vague there is no way for a judge to tell whether or not you are accurately representing his strength in your writing. - Sorry, I've come across wrong here, my intent is not to attack you. I don't think that the "game logic is stupid", merely I have reservations about this small part of the strength system. Some people in the past were able to state a relevant strength without stating X2 or whatever to it. I thought I could get away with that too, as long as I'm not abusing any of it. I have anyway put X2 to suit. Although I'm happy to remove this should I really need to.

The Cleaver counts as an enchanted item and typically those have to be awarded as spoils or purchased at the bazaar. However, since this was previously approved we'll call it grandfathered and you can keep the item, but I'd like you to add the stipulation that it will max out at delyn tier. Otherwise I don't think I can justify allowing it. - The idea previously was that it could match any general world material strength, but nothing of legendary/mythical status because it was in essense a legendary item in the making, considering what it can do. It started off at the strength of Iron as it was. I'm happy to halt its strength at Delyn though if you like, but I wasn't expecting to make any further strength upgrades on this for some time(levels).

Please alter Elite's stamina so it is has some limitation, and find a way of expressing how strong he is in tangible terms. Using multipliers would be easiest, but so long as I can functionally understand how strong and hardy he is, it'll be fine. - Done.

Once you've made those changes, I should be able to accurately assess your power levels and we can proceed. - All sorted (hopefully). Just wanted to say sorry if I came across rude or stubborn in the last post. Wasn't my intent at all. Obviously it was a bit of a shock being advised that stuff previously approved was too strong. I'm more than happy to get this right to fit the new system with you, just forgive me for wanting to stand my ground/find the right adjustment for my character during this transition.
    Last edited by Elite Optic; 12-01-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    Elite Optic - Evil is just a term derived by the cowards who are simply to afraid to try something new...