Of course. I was an idiot. Eteri didn't speak Tradespeak natively. She didn't want to leave - she was probably exhausted and sore from the sex. What she wanted a break from was that, not from us. A shudder of relief went through me.

“Take a break usually means you don't want to stay any more, want to leave and maybe come back.” My voice was soft, a bit strained. “I want you to stay.”

“That Silly. Eteri love Nevin. Why leave that ship?” I blinked away the light sting of tears that crept to my eyes, or at least I tried to. I have her a smile as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, holding her tight.

“Sometimes stuff like what we did is too much, and I was afraid it made you want to leave and not be as close to me.” I buried my face in her hair, hiding the tears that were still leaking out.

Eteri mumbled. “E-Eteri like the feeling and the things but not...not too in the tents. Want to enjoy with more clear in mind.” She sniffed audibly and turned her head upward. Her tongue gently licked at the underside of my eye, where my tears had been trailing. I chuckled and leaned back, wiping one sleeve against my eyes.

“Then next time you can choose when we do it. Even if you don't think I do, I feel like I need to apologize and make it up to you.” I turned in my chair and pulled her in my lap so that I could hold her better.

She obliged, my height used to bother me sometimes but I enjoyed how easily she was able to curl up in my lap. She pressed her back against me and before long I could feel the small rumbles of her purrs. I started to stroke her, rubbing from the back of her head to her tail, and just sat there with the other arm around her waist. She let out a small mewl and pressed her face against my chest.

“Still smell good.” She mumbled, the words barely audible as she rubbed her face against my shirt. I laughed.

“I don't know why you seem to think I smell good when I'm sweaty, but I'm glad you do.” I kissed the top of her head. “ And I'm very glad you want to stay.”

“Eteri not know. Just like smell. Is Nevin. Make Nevin more like….Nevin.” She grumbled frustrated that her sentiments weren’t coming through. “Eteri is very happy. Eteri know how making up to the me.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her.”

“Want the speak better for Tradespreak. Teach Eteri when wrong?” I grinned and nodded, very firmly.

“Happily, honey. And will you help me learn your language? I want to be able to talk with you in it.”

She seemed startled at this. “Ehh? Not good...err...c-can try?” I grinned.

“I don't want good, I want you honey.” I sat back in the chair as she burrowed her face against my chest, clearly embarrassed. I hummed in thought and rested my chin on top of her head. She had passed out last night, but thankfully this time there had been no sign of the tentacles from her little guest. Was that a sign of improvement? Or had even the hanger on soul bit had been satisfied with her exhausted state?

I blinked as I realized that Eteri’s content little purrs had shifted to a slightly different sound - tiny little snores that rumbled against me. I grinned and shook my head before standing up from my chair, cradling her in my arms. She curled up and let out a sleepy little sound, and one hand clenched into my shirt, but other than that she didn't react. I kept my laugh quiet as I carried her back to bed.

I set her down and peeled off my shirt before climbing in behind her, and she pressed against me only slightly, shifting a little in her sleep. I draped one arm across her waist and closed my eyes.