She watched as the man wrestled himself forward only to be knocked out. “That was silly.” She said as she clambered up onto Stefan’s lap. By now a few people had gathered and every so often she’d have her ears prodded or her tail touched. People were curious to her nature and how she worked, but Eteri didn’t mind. She didn’t mind because Stefan told her not to mind.

“Some people don’t appreciate true art.” Her Master mused. “And you, pet, are true art. My gallery opens for the select few. Tonight, you will see the wonders of what it has to offer - and soon…” His voice lowered as he wrapped a hand around her waist. “Soon… you will be a part of that gallery, oh but first I need you. I need your Sister.”

Eteri nodded. “Yes. Will get sister to you.” She pressed her head into the crook of Stefan’s neck and sighed happily. “Ayaka need know bliss of being your pet.”

After Nevin had been knocked out the crowd had quickly thinned, no one wanting to get involved. The few that were left...were people who knew the man and his more….sinister deviations.

“So boss, what should we do with this one?”

Stefan glanced down at the man, the hood had fallen loose and it was Nevin. Fighting hard for the little waif he lost. Even now, his body was somehow still moving forward, or would have been if one of his enforcers wasn’t kneeling on his back. Bloody fingers dug into the ground, trying to pull forward, but with no real strength. Stefan didn’t understand it. What was so good about one girl?

“Are you hungry pet?”

Eteri nodded. “Well, I think this man has just volunteered to be your meal. Wouldn’t it be nice to eat him at the gallery tonight?”

Eteri furrowed her brows. A small part of her questioned the logic. The discussion seemed familiar. Why would she want to eat N-ne….wait...no. She wasn’t sure she knew this man. “If cook?” She asked.

“Sure. Over an open fire.” Stefan grinned. “Let’s go prepare.”

With a gesture of his head, the two men dragged Nevin’s unconscious body away.

A few hours had passed and they had moved to the port. A large shed, guarded by men was illuminated in dull hues by the flickering lights of lanterns hung around the place. Stefan walked up to a small side door with Eteri in tow. He wore a brilliant royal blue suit, clean pressed. Polished shoes, and his hair had been slicked back. The man guarding the door gave him a nod.

He turned to Eteri, who was wearing a long white dress, it was ruffled and flimsy, the material practically see-through. Tiny white flowers circled her head in a neat wreath. “Ahh, the purity of white…” Stefan purred. “Don’t you love how man associates the colour with all that is holy, and just with this world. I can’t wait to see it stained in red.”

“Eteri like red.” Eteri said as she followed him inside.

The large shed, also known as ‘The Gallery’ was a secret to most. Only those deemed worthy had access to it, and with good reason. All sorts of creatures, mostly female others male were dotted around the place, contorted in strange positions. Their pristine corpses like morbid statues. Some had their arms ripped off, others had no head.

There were even couples, one such were two women were entwined in one another in a carnal act.

They all had two things in common; one, they all had the same red necklace Eteri wore and two; despite many of them being deceased for months, even years they looked fresh. All part of the dark magic that surrounded the place. A few people dotted the inside. Some admiring the statues...others taking part in the ‘display’ touching and feeling them.

Stefan breathed in deep. “Ahh...isn’t this beautiful?” He asked as he showed off his work. “Each one, a beauty in life - now- here.. Thhy can live forever, they can be enjoyed forever.” Stefan turned and met Eteri with a wide grin. “Their souls bound here, forever seeing, forever feeling the enjoyment they bring to all who come here. Don’t you want to be a part of that?”

Eteri glanced around, then turned to her Master. “Yes. Eteri want to.”

A morbid chuckle broke through Stefan’s lips. “Excellent...excellent, soon my pet - but tonight. We are going to offer our patrons something special. Look.”

He gestured to the center of the room, where a large fire pit had been set. The hole looked as though it used to house water, mildew dotted the sides of the space. Now, it was dry and filled with wood and kindling. Over the pit was a large metal pole, the kind you’d see a large wild boar attached to when roasting over a fire.

“I want to see you splattered in red.”