“Can eat? Can has?” Eteri asked as she went to run toward the man. Stefano pulled on the chain, reigning her in. “Now, now my pet. Whatever happened to wanting to cook him first?” He chuckled as he ran a finger along the underside of her chin. “Don’t tempt me to keep you - ah…” His eyes fell down to the glimmering collar around her neck, then below that the thrumming red pendant. “Even if I did want to, it’s too late now, your very life is being drained..”

“Because will become part of gallery soon?” Eteri asked, tilting her head up toward him. It didn’t sound so bad. Sure...she’d never move again but she’d be beautiful. She’d be loved. She’d be a true work of art.

“Pain is almost palpable. I can’t decide which I enjoy more...the sounds of those crying out in a symphony of agony… or the crackling sound of heartbreak. I get to feast on both tonight.” He drew Eteri in, wrapping an arm around her waist to cup a hand upon her buttock. The other shifted to the back of her neck and drew her in for a long kiss.

The few onlookers began to make their way to the center of the room, mostly men, all dressed in suits and wearing masquerade masks to hide their identity. There were a few women wearing elegant ball gowns that watched from further away. One of which slowly fanned herself with an ornate fan.

Stefan drew away, liking his lips. Grinning as Nevin was dragged forward. “Time to start the show.” He stepped away from Eteri and rose his hands up in the air. His booming voice echoed around. “Light the fires! Come join, come join. You , my lovely regular patrons. Fellow fans of the finer arts, lovers of the languid and the few who are smart enough to let their desires whisk them away to new heights. Tonight… tonight I have a very special show for you.”

The fires in the pit had been lit, springing to life. Stefan stood on one side with Eteri close by. Nevin on the other. Separated by large flames that soared high, licking the ceiling.

“Dinner and a show!” he gleamed and the crowd politely clapped as Nevin was pushed forward toward the fire. Another set of men had the metal pole at the ready.

“Well Meat - time to roast you up good.”

“You are disgusting. This is not love, or art.” Nevin’s voice was cold and hard, his eyes blazing red fires burning in his skull as he glared at Stefan.

Stefan grnned. “Eteri...be a dear and walk into the fire.”

She turned to him. “Am Eteri going to be food too?”

Stefan’s eyes never left Nevin’s. “Yes. Now go.”

Eteri began to walk toward the fire, and would have fallen right on in if Stefan hadn’t pulled back on the chains, keeping it taught. The smell of burning hair filled the room. “THIS….is art…” Stefan mused as he tugged on the chain, pulling Eteri out. Her face was singed, so were her ears, tail and hair. Parts of her hands, torso, and arms were red, blistering with welts. She had severe burns and yet she hadn’t made a sound. Nevin had begun to strain as soon as she moved, nearly ripping free. She hadn’t been close enough to save - but so close. He couldn’t get free, not of his own, normal strength.