"You're right Mylie." Nevin knelt down and stared into the chocolate eyes of the tiny girl. "Your mother would have tried to save you if you'd been taken. But what if she got hurt? Or if you did? Think about how hurt your mother would be if something bad happened to you. I'm sure your mother would have come with you if you'd asked for permission to follow the butterfly." The thing was proving rather tame as it moved on his hand, shifting in place. Odd, creatures had been avoiding him for a while but now they were starting to flock to him. It was strange.

He stood up and shook his head - then looked to Rainee. "I doubt that Felicity has any candy here, most alchemists don't bother making it. However, another of your acquaintance might just be in possession of a few, if you think a precocious little one deserves one." Hopefully the obtuse, dense language would keep the little girl from realizing that he meant he actually did have some on him. He hadn't expected to meet Mylie or Rainee here - but Nevin had learned that children almost universally loved hard candies, and keeping some with him meant he would always have a bribe on hand if he needed it.

Then he slowly turned to Felicity, grinning a bit as he looked at her. The women had missed the redheaded girl said, but he hadn't. So, Felicity liked cute things. Oh, and wasn't this ammunition to tease with? He casually leaned on the counter as Rainee chastised her daughter again.

"Yes, she is rather cute, isn't she? Makes the most adorable noises when she's falling asleep in Rainee's arms, too." His voice was a soft murmur, pitched for the other alchemist's ears. "And I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning at the moment kiddo. The two of them - well. They have a penchant for knocking things over when they're excited, and I know Mylie probably wants to play with you. She's a very energetic young girl." He chuckled as he remembered all the things the two of them had knocked over in his own store.