"Just.... Just sit down, boy." Nevin's shoulders sagged down as his vitriol was matched. He pointed back at the chair that Valino had stood up from. "You're in no condition to leave yet, the medicine hasn't had a chance to work yet." He sighed, a tired, worn out sound. He shook his head slowly.

"I'll be back in a minute." He trudged into the back and began heating water. When it began boiling, he started rummaging through his cabinets, looking for something. He had on box of this tea blend - and he had never, ever intended to use it. It had been purchased as a memento of a life gone by - but now, now there was a vivid reminder of that life in the front room of his shop, and he carried with him symbols of that hateful past.

There. A Salvaran tea blend. Common on the snowy lands, rarely seen down here in the south where it was warmer - people here liked mellow teas, not strong, spicy ones. He set the tea into the kettle and let it start to steep as he carried it and a coaster to put it on. The redhead set it down on the counter by the boy, and set two cups on the counter beside the kettle. He took in a deep breath, the scent of old, old familiar spices bringinga sting of tears to his eyes.

"My name is Nevin, now. When I was born, it was Tollak Anders. There was no tragedy that took me from my family, just the church and its stranglehold in Salvar. My father's standing as headman of the town was more important to him than I was." Nevin popped open a flask on his hip, and poured a measure of the potent alcohol into one of the glasses. Then he poured tea over it, and knocked the entire concoction down his throat. He cracked open his eyes again, and stared steadily at the boy.

" They don't just ignore the book, boy. They rewrite it as it pleases them. I know how you, a paladin of their faith, managed to see the corruption - but, I am.... Glad. The more people who spread word of the atrocities of the Church, the less power it holds. So. Fresh off the boat, confronted with the corruption of those you revered. What will you do now, countryman?" Nevin voice was soft, strained, but stress as he watched the boy.