Well,at least I wasn't alone against these beasts. I was impressed by my inadvertent partner fighting with bare hands, but I put that concern out of my mind for now, focusing instead on the overgrown fucker that was now bleeding heavily from one leg. I rolled around another attack - sweet Flame, these things had painfully predictable attack patterns - and shoved my sword into my belt.

I snatched my chime up as it bellowed in frustration at me. Golden light crackled around my hand and I grinned as foreign words tumbled from my lips. The light cracked to life and shaped around my hand, growing and forming up into a javelin. My sword had been surprisingly effective against the beast - did that mean my lightning would be too? Well - well, the poor damn thing did have a giant lightning rod shoved into its hip.

I thrust my hand forward, and the coruscating golden yellow bolt shot into the beast, and it bellowed in pain. I shot a glance at my companion - she had been shouting, and I was mildly concerned she had been hurt.

The look of puzzlement masked her angelic features, she glanced from the beast to my hand and back at the beast again. Her lips mumbled something but I was too far away to understand what she had said under her breath.

Well. She was OK, though a bit worried for some reason. I could let her focus on her foe and deal with mine, since it seemed she had a handle on her situation. I hung my chime back on my hip as the beast snarled and shook, recovering from the electric currents running through its form. Back out came my sword, and I shot forward, rolling past its ankles. This time though, my blade was out - this was an attack, not a dodge. Iron cut through thick hide, severing a hamstring - and the troll let out an agonized bellow and fell to the ground with a crash.

Good. Good you dumb Abyss-fucker, stay the hell down. I slammed my sword into its shoulder, pinning the beast to the ground. It's attention was torn - it wanted to hold its injured leg, but it also wanted to grab me. But I easily shifted out of the way of its lumbering strikes as I dragged my sword down, hewing through the meat and bone.

“Flame, what does it take to kill you dumb beasts?” I growled in frustration. This damnable had taken a considerable beating, but was still on its feet.

“Ahoy, lovely lass! How much does it take to actually end one of these accursed beasts?” I shouted, looking towards her.