Nevin blinked twice, and tilted his head to one side. That was not what he had expected in all honesty. He frowned and rubbed his chin as he tried to figure out how to respond, because he wasn’t sure what to tell him. So, he shrugged a bit as he dropped his hands to his sides.

“You may very well know as much as I do at this point, if you’ve been listening through Stare. I don’t know myself why this other magic - what she called divine - is inside of me, and I didn’t know that it had gotten stronger in the church. My best guess would be that it’s a result of that ritual that the Cult performed on me seven years ago, but I can’t say that for certain. Though…” He paused and his frown deepened.

“If I had to make a guess as to why it got stronger in the church, it would have to be because that thing I killed there was opening a portal to the plane that it came from - the same plane that my powers come from. It could be that even the brief connection back to that plane strengthened what I have.” If that was the case - just what on earth was he? What got stronger when it was in contact with its native realm?

Vitruvion's jaw tightened, and his fingers pressed together harder. The look on Nevin's face told him that he was telling the truth, and he was sure that if he brought Stare in here that she would tell him that Nevin told the truth … As the crimson-haired man thought of it. If there was only some way though to address the higher authority that seemed to be connected to him. The divine half in that two corded twist that made up Nevin's power.

He was still wary of the power. Wary that it could mean a challenge to him, that it secretly had intent behind its human host …

“What are your intentions?” he asked, determined to keep the conversation going until he saw a glimmer of the beast beneath. There was always someone granting the power when it came to divinity. Always. Even if it was now half mad or nearly destroyed. “You spoke of ‘my church’ to Stare. What does that mean to you? What are your real intentions in this city? Are you here as-” He stopped, breaking off the last word.

Here as part of my brother's plan.

He fell silent, forgetting the question, but keeping his gaze steady.