Nothing that I'm aware of. If anything I feel rather comfortable here. Haven't even spotted any man eating plants yet. There is a coppery tinge to the air though. Hmm.” He frowned as he opened his mouth and tasted that coppery flavor - mixed a little with other things, but definitely, to him, the flavor of blood. As he processed that, the humming along his skin picked up, gleeful wordless singing that seemed to be enthusiastic. There was the taste of something old, something dark - but the bitterness of that taint was fading. Strange, why did he know that?

“But. We definitely haven't progressed deep enough into the woods yet - ah, let me take a sample of these trees before I forget.” No need to make her worry by acting uncharacteristically. Out came a knife and a pair of small clay jars with stoppers, and he dropped a piece of bark and some leaves into one, then scooped some of the thick, red sap that oozed out of the tree he had tested into the other jar. After sealing both, he tucked them into his bag and smiled at her. “Shall we continue?”

Stare just watched him, incredulous as he turned … and seemed to just avoid his blood lines weaving out behind him in the air. He even seemed to react to them, sniffing and making clear, facial expressions as they reacted to different scents and tastes. Simply, dumbly she gawked as he pocketed the vials. Still his tendrils spread far and wide.

“Nevin …” she sighed, and her brow scrunched in concern. Coming forwards she used her free right hand to pause, angle, then pounce with her full speed at one of the waving things.

Clearly it did not expect it. After all, she was a being that could accelerate her body to something nearing a hundred miles an hour with a flash energy. Her hand swept out, grabbed hold of the tendril and exhibited a firm grip on it. It felt smooth in her hand, almost too so, and she feared it would slide out of her hold. Quickly, thus, she pulled it around to shove it in his face, before it could slip out.

This,” she pronounced.

Well, that was a rather different sensation. Nevin had been startled when Stare suddenly darted forward, one hand shooting past his head. For a moment he thought she was about to grab his hair for some reason, but… No that was definitely NOT hair she grabbed hold of. The firm pressure she was placing on his thread coil - to bring it around and make him realize that he had them out in the first place which was news to him - was actually quite - pleasant? Almost like a massage on a muscle that he hadn't realized was sore.

As it was though, he blushed and yelped, and all of his threads retracted back inside of him, slipping back beneath his clothes and out of sight as a rather brilliant blush shot up his face, making the thin white scars on his neck and face stand out intensely.