And...then...Lorenor did the unthinkable.

Still recovering from the previous assault on his very soul...Lorenor kept his eyes locked on his opponent. He saw that Shinsou became as a blur suddenly, moving quickly...and Lorenor assumed stronger at the same time. He has an altered form...much like William Arcus does...though this one is unique and different. He half-expected a dashing blast of energy or some other thing of that nature to come end the battle...but instead...Shinsou took a more predictable route for the next few seconds of the battle.

It was all timing.

William was also fast...if I can time this JUST right... He saw the blur coming in closer with the majestic weapon out the corner of his eyes. Relaxing his grip on his weapon, Lorenor acted. he timed it against the man's cleaving attack so that it would connect at just the right point in the movement. Instead of cutting Lorenor in half, Lorenor gambled on of his arms. His right arm to be precise and used that to intercept the brilliantly glowing weapon. Lorenor flinched for the briefest of moments as he stepped back and moved his arm in such a way as to intercept the sword. The gamble paid off.

As suspected, the man before him was bound to his sword. Lorenor had incredible knowledge of The Thaynehood he was one a servant of N'Jal. As Lorenor intercepted the attack, his arm was cleanly lobbed off by the man's weapon. Black ichor sprayed about everywhere as it gushed from the fresh wound. No sound of pain or agony came from Lorenor, only a look of concentration. He held the grip of his own sword with his left hand tightly and at an angle. The lobbed off arm, cut in half from the elbow down, swirled in a complete circle in the air and landed on the ground...a moment or three later it burned into dark ash.

Not even embers...

With Shinsou within close-range...it was then or never. Lorenor swung his mighty claymore right at Shinsou... he didn't care where it hit. Only that it hit. He knew he was gambling a lot on that tactical maneuver, but he had to take the chance. Otherwise it was over. "I was once a follower of N'Jal." Lorenor suddenly admitted to Shinsou. "But that no longer matters. What matters is the here and now...you're aware of what I am." Lorenor continued. "I don't want any pity or remorse...I have lived a long time...many of your mortal lives." Lorenor said. "The state of my people has taken it's toll on me...on all like me. It was a man...Sei Orlouge...that made me what I am today. A "freed" Undead." Lorenor shook his head as he spoke. "But as you and I both know...there is no such thing as Freedom."

"I no longer follow N'Jal or am bound to her will." Lorenor explained. "So this I say to you...Shinsou...as we are fighting right now. What do you fight for? Why do you fight? I had a reason a long time ago...but I no longer remember what that reason is. N'Jal stole that from me." And Lorenor waited to see the effects of his mad counter.