I ground my feet into the ground, I had forgotten how disgusting these things were. As I had recalled they traveled in a clumsy pack, some still fighting over the rotten flesh of their latest kill. They grunted and sniffed the air, a few noticed the two standing there.

A small giggle left my lips as Erik took charge, calling out which he wanted. I shook my head but let him take the lead. He jumped into action and at first I had nothing to do but admire him, watching him fight was like watching an artist paint.

My attention was drew back to the war that waged at hand, I wrapped a piece of my clothing around my palm before I tossed the dagger back and forth. The weight of it was easily held as I waited for them to come to me. There couldn’t be more than five or six but the way they moved was almost hypnotizing.

Don’t look at them Cammy, don’t stare at them for too long that is how they suck you in. Nikita warned me. I shook my head trying to move my eyes away from their fixation. “Right.” I murmured to myself. They must have noticed their trickery was no longer working on because a few of them charged me.

I clicked my boots together and another blade extended out. It was barely six inches but enough to do some damage. I let it drive into the nearest skin snatcher it met right into the middle of it’s chest. An animalistic noise gurgled from its smashed face, it stumbled before trying to charge back towards me but it stopped and fell to the ground.

Lucky shot must have gotten the little fucker right in the heart. Nikita purred with approval.

The other two circled around me and my own inner beast hated the feeling of being lower on the food chain. “Listen you ugly bastards I am going to rip you apart.” My voice took a venomous growl to it. I reached for another and ripped it’s arm clean off, the opposite leg followed.

The growling wasn’t coming from the skin snatcher now, it was coming from me. I was morphing into my halfling self, the only state where Nikita and I both were of one. I continued to rip the beast, limb from limb. Snarling as limbs flew this way and that way, my teeth elongated to fangs as I ripped at it.

The other beast tried to take me as surprise as I snatched him up quickly. “I will kill you fuckers all,” I snarled My fangs dug into its flesh like warm butter on a hot day. The warm blood spilled down my neck as I moaned with absolute blood lust. By the end I probably looked like something out of a horror book, my chest rising and falling as I held a severed head in one hand.