Interesting and much better than the Force Awakens.

Went to see it today in 4DX. Great fun, first time I've been to that type of screening and I immediately turned the water off after getting a gob of it in the face.

A bit miffed they basically did the Battle of Hoth (but it's salt this time!).

I really like that they showed 'new' force powers, some of which are from the source material and some of which are prominent in the KOTR games. Yoda was cute, and I got the sense that it was a bit like in Thor: Ragnarok - the Jedi/Sith isn't about temples and books, it's about people doing the right or wrong thing with the Force. It'd be good if the force users in the galaxy became heroes/villains for their own sake, rather than identifying with a philosophy.

I really like they gave a nod to how a sith and jedi 'completes' their training - a sith has to kill a jedi and take their lightsaber, and a jedi has to build their own - so Rey getting the broken saber at the end to rebuild was fun. I avoided the last two trailers like the plague and the story kept me guessing, the tension between Ray and Kylo came off well, and seeing Organa use her force powers finally (beyond her intuition and telepathy) was epic.

More! More!

Though...I think the film should've ended when the AT-AT stomped in front of Luke.