I blinked and looked down, then up at her, and grinned widely. “I may have found myself work. More than just wandering around like a fuckless vagabond.” I tried to reassure her. I did not like to see her frown like that. “Some woman with a color name saw a couple of their goons jump me, and I killed them. That was apparently impressive.” I shrugged and sat down on the edge of the bed, watching her. I wanted to forget about talking and just take her, but this discussion was actually fairly important.

“She pretty much wanted to hire me on the spot. Woman is drenched in the Abyss, which is a bit unusual in this land.” One scarred shoulder shrugged up. “I told her I would work with her for some things.” I watched as her face went blank, they only thing that held any sort of emotion was her eyes. They burned with anger? Sparkled with sorrow, I couldn’t tell but the silence was deafening to my ears.

“Camille, sweetheart. Talk to me.” I stood back up - I hadn't expected her to shut down like this. Just what - who was that Scarlet woman? I moved closer, pulling her against me. “I don't know this world sweetheart. She claimed a lot of people were against her, but she didn't seem to mind you. What have I missed?” I did not want her to stay like this - her full, expressive face was not right, locked into a blank rictus like this.

I could feel her heart beating against me, she was as stiff as a statue. “Scarlett,” was the only word she uttered. I gave a very slow nod, I think that was her name. She had the hair for it, but it was clearly a pseudonym. I stepped back a bit and tilted her head up to mine.

“Yes, I think that was her name. What - what happened? I know you two knew each other, she tried giving me a list of people she claimed you'd been with in the past. Didn't even bother listening since she seemed to be trying to get me jealous.” I pressed my forehead against hers, holding her with my arms around her waist.

I could feel her shaking, was she cold. The animalistic snarl that came from her answered my confusion. Nikita must be trying to take control of her. “Of course she would fucking say that I was with many men. That jealous pretentious bitch!” She snarled, I let my arms fall from around her waist as she picked up a chair heaving it across the room. The wood combusted when it met the wall, millions of shards rained down.

I stepped back - she was ranting. Apparently scars here ran deeper than Scarlet had let on. Interrupting as she vented would be a stupid idea. I cleared my throat though - “I didn't care then and I don't care now. I figured she was trying to make me jealous when she said it sweetheart. She seemed surprised that you were settling down.” I hoped reminding her that she was with me and that I didn't care would help her focus. I wasn't sure what else to do - she was acting animalistic, and I wasn't sure what to do to distract her.

“I have barely met the woman, we have a Master in common. Let me rephrase that, her Master my ex Master that imprisoned me.” She spat and started to pace the room shaking her head, “I should rip her fucking head clean of her shoulders, a list of men I have been with how cliche can you be Scarlett?” I could see her fist clenching and unclenching as the shifted back and forth from hand to claws. Right, she was quite pissed about this.

I moved in front of her, staring into her eyes as she glared at me. “Camille. I. Don't. Care. What I care about is that you are mine, and I am yours.” I leaned forward and kissed her, hard. I'd damn well give her something other than anger to focus on. This would probably backfire on me - but I knew both Souls inside of her viewed me as theirs, so I hoped this would anchor them both on me instead of thinking about this rage building in her. As I kissed her, I pressed against her, using the feel of her warm body to excite mine.