A drink was harmless, one glass of whatever she chose was unlikely to impair me to any significant degree. So I simply nodded, and watched as the bartender brought over two glasses, and a bottle of wine. The man was besotted by the beauty, clearly, because he brought over a wine that was much higher quality than was normally served. I could, logically, understand his actions. This town had a dearth of women, and a pretty human woman was like an oasis of sweet water in a desert. It was why so many of the men here were staring at her even now - her pale, delicate skin was so strange compared to our dark-hues that she was eye catching.

The strange wording rolled off of me like water from a duck’s back. There was a suggestive turn to the words, but I was perhaps one of the worse people to try that on. I popped open the bottle and poured a glass for the woman, then for myself. A hand slid up, and a gloved finger pushed my glasses back up off of my mask before I pulled the fabric down. I raised my glass to her.

“I assure you, if you need something tracked or slain, I am the best in this town.” Calm. I was not arrogant, I was confident. I slowly smelled the wine, then sipped. Oh yes, this was definitely of a higher quality than the barman normally served anyone.

“I am looking for something very specific,” Gosling said, gently taking the glass and running her lips and tongue along the rim. “But first I would like to get to know you a little more. Tell me about a hunt you did recently.”

I tilted my head to the side, and nodded. After all, she couldn't just take me at my word. And was she trying to take a drink of that wine, or make love to it? I cleared my throat.

“My most recent hunts, in order from the absolute most recent back. A small tribe nucleus of gnolls, trying to move into the woods nearby that the town uses for wood for construction. Then there was tracking down the escaped robber for the constabulary.” As I spoke I tapped fingers on the table, one for each hunt. The gnolls had been - one of the more challenging fights I'd been involved with, simply because they were actually intelligent enough to work together to fight back against me. The robber had been annoying, because he fled to another city and tracking him down had taken more time than I would have liked.

“And then there was the boar, for a celebration.” That thing had been difficult, because the stupid thing was larger than some horses. But it was no dire variant, no bone to protect itself from my blade, and it had fallen. I raised a white eyebrow to the woman who was staring at me intently.

“Would you need specifics on one of those, then, good lady?” I slowly took another drink of the wine, the cherry red fluid sliding between coal-black lips. It was sweet, sweeter than I usually preferred.