I shook my head once. I was not going to help her in pushing me away. Because - well, at this point, it had become somewhat obvious to me that that was exactly what she was trying to do. That was the only reason I could think of why she would continue to do things she knew infuriated me - at least this time her kiss had stayed somewhat fucking chaste. I slowly stood up from my chair, and looked down at the blood and the booze scattered around. I grabbed the bag with the rest of my gear - with the Saw-Spear hanging off of it - then picked up the bottle of still untouched firewhiskey as she snorted at my ignoring her. She stormed up the stairs, and I calmly walked up behind her.

“What, so you don't want to fucking sleep in the damn barn then?” She shot back over her shoulder. I gave her a cold smile, not that she saw it.

“What hound leaves their mistress’ side?” I quipped - and watched her stumble. Good. Get thrown off by me. Despite your best efforts to date you haven't gotten rid of me, dawn girl. And you don't want to. You know where you stand in relation to me - you're my boss, and you call me when you need me. And in exchange? I'm watching you, watching over you. If I think you've fallen too far and become a Beast, I'll be the one to put an end to it.

So stop trying to screw that up with kisses and using my fucking name. I'd figured out that she learned my name when she did that dive into my memories, trying to pull up that shit from my past. It's the only place she could have learned it - I've certainly never said it where anyone on this damn continent could hear it. She opened the door - and paused in the doorway. I could tell she was trying to think of whether or not to shut me out.

She sighed and left the door open, she walked in and kicked off her shoes before approaching a disheveled bed. So she had stayed here for more than a night? Considering the abuse she must receive it didn’t surprise me. She sat on the mattress. “I’m not even that tired, but sleep…” She turned to the dingy and chipped side table by the bed. “Sleep is calm, and after what you did to me, fuckin..rilin’ me up like that. I could use some calm.” She reached over and opened the single draw with great effort and pulled out a glass jar of….pills?

It was a stark contrast, in her waking hours she was strong, cold and callous. I had no doubt she was the same back home. I gently set my pack down near the door, by the wall, and moved over to her. She tensed up and tried to resist me taking the jar away from her but when I turned my steady gaze into her she paused, hesitating, and I took it.

“What, now you won't even let me get my fucking calm you damn ass-” She froze when I popped the jar open with a simple twist of my wrist. “What?” I let out a deep sigh. She was so terribly suspicious of everything, so hostile. It seemed she really didn't have anyone she could rely on. But considering that the only other person I had ever seen near her was that demon who immediately killed her, and told her that her master would flay her…

I couldn't blame her. “How many.” Her head snapped back, staring at me with wide, black eyes.

“What, now you're fuckin’ babysittin’ me, won't let me -”

“Just tell me how many you need to sleep. You fought to get that drawer open. While I would thoroughly enjoy following up on that statement about me riling you up,” and it looks like that bone thing was not too far, “right now, you need someone you can actually rely on far more than either of us need to sate our bodie’s desires. Now. Tell. Me. How. Many.” I growled these last words out, stepping up into her space, towering and looming over her as she shrank a bit on the bed.

“Tw-two.” I nodded and removed the two of the pills, then closed the jar and set it down. She looked confused when she held out her hand and I ignored it - until my strong fingers dug into the spots where her jaws met, and I forced them open. Tears of pain stung her eyes as I leaned over her.

“When I take you, like you demanded me to, it is going to be entirely memorable, and you will not have a haze of alcohol to stop you from feeling. Now, swallow.” I had shoved the pills into her mouth and closed her jaws with a loud click. She looked like she wanted to argue, to say something but I just glared at her - and she swallowed.

Good. I was not going to ever tell dawn girl the contrast between the strong, dominant and cold woman in the day, and this submissive little girl at night was getting to me. Ever. Instead I shoved her down into the bed, then threw the covers across her.

“Sleep, dawn girl. I will be here when you awaken.” She glared at me, but the pills were already taking effect. Despite the - some mix of anger and arousal- in her face, she soon drifted off to sleep. I shook my head slowly - then took a long, long drink from the bottle of firewhiskey. I set it down outside of the room, then went downstairs to clean up at least a little. No need for the poor barman to think us complete savages. I also left another gold to pay for the glass dawn girl broke.

Back up at the room, I pulled on my dark red shirt, then slowly sat down in one of the chairs in the room. I'd not much else to do at this point - I'd already had enough sleep by the time she called me, but I had told her I would be here when she awoke, and I had no reason to break that word.

What I was not expecting, was for her, in the middle of the night, to slowly crawl out of the bed. I watched, confused, as she slowly stumbled over to me, dragging the blanket with her, and sleepily shoved my legs down - then climbed into my lap, and curled against me. She nestled into my arms as I stared, confused at her. Then I blinked. The cracks - those dark, ugly cracks along her skin. They were.. Ever so slightly. Closing?