NOTE: SET JUST AS STARE IS STARTING OUT, BEFORE VINDREXIS STORYLINE.
Arrogant bastard,” she muttered tightly under her breath as she strode through these horrifyingly familiar streets. “Just because I was once from near-”

I heard that, came the calm, handsome voice from inside her head.

Stare caught glimpse of a long, underground tunnel lit by torches. A flash of pointed ears and bronze-brown hair. The sound of leather boots striding on cobbles. He was in the catacombs of Beinost, in his malicious empire known as the Hollow and was showing her them to remind her where she had come from in the last six months. From being a captive there, service to every sexual and devious desire he had longed for, to now being his steward and representative here in Radasanth.

A woo-hoo. Yey, for the big promotion, she thought. Sarcastically.

Then the images and sounds were gone as he sighed. Stare, really, he, her master and essentially a god, Sir Vitruvion Ellsmith, chided, You should take pride in what you have achieved. You are useful to me in the fact you know Radasanth, Corone … that area. Now will you please continue your work.

I am, you bastard, She looked up at the long, paved street before her, full of the hustle and bustle of ordinary life. Humans, mostly, with the odd elf, ogre and other exotic species, drifting from building to building and area to area. There were the usual noises of merchants shouting out their wares from unusually positioned stalls, parents berating their children and lovers confessing their affections. All which Stare was entirely, recently, used to having been mainly living in a grand mansion in the governmental centre of the patchwork Beinost.

Of course you are, my dear, was the reply.

And she rolled her eyes at his odd humour, and continued on her way.

Folding her arms over her chest she continued to keep eyes and ears out for what exactly she was looking for. With the fall of Vitruvion’s millhouse, and the rise in popularity in Raiaera for foreign beers (apparently), he had deemed it time to exercise business in that area. With the fact that Stare was now his steward-come-representative when he couldn’t be bothered, and that she had spent a full year in Corone on her own, she was the obvious choice. Thus, she was here, eyes and ear-holes out on the search for any idea of where to begin with buying or building a brewery.

Her feathered appearance and massive beak did not exactly put people to comfort, but at least they were more comfortable with it here than Raiaera. After all, the kenku lands were not too far away. On the same piece of land in fact. So every so often a bird-person did wander into these streets, and therefore Stare only received one odd look out of every hundred or so. Curiosity spurned her when she spied a man with ragged tattoos raising his eyebrows. Tattoos were usually either for racial purposes, gang symbols or warriors, in her experience. Rather specific, and rare in these nicer parts of the city. Eagerly she slipped into the realms of her newer abilities and brought her aura-sight into the foreground.

Which was when she heard a shout.

“No hurt please!”

Twirling around, and expecting danger, her hand fled to the mythril dagger at her belt. Colours of people, good bad and ugly, fled past her as she focused down the crossing street that the tattooed man had come from. There was an older man, bald head and green aura (very neutral) with his hands up and a cat girl - a fucking cat girl - skipping out the way. And her - her colour …

Stare stopped, stunned. Absolutely confounded. The girl was glowing, massively, with colour. And not just one, but many. All of them.

All the colours of the rainbow … and a thousand more. A myriad auras - souls - stuck onto one person.