She sat for a while, watching the nekojin confusedly and angrily staring at the menu. Her brows rose and she wondered just now had a person survived for this long out of Akashima with such a tendency to be lost and a lack of knowledge of tradespeak such as hers. Kenku were educated in three languages as children that they all knew fluently by the age of ten, and it served them well. Stare wondered why the same wasn't for nekojin and just what Eteri's past it was that had made her so …

Well. Like this. Soulless, able to see souls, remarkably innocent and clueless. Absolutely clueless, was Stare's working ability for this person.

Sighing she leant across and jabbed a claw at several main sections on the menu. <“Sandwiches, soups, potatoes, salads, breads,”> she listed off. <“You really should learn how to read properly and read. It is much better for … well, everything.”> She gave a quick scan of her own menu. <“What do you want to drink? Tea?”>

<”It’s hard for me...I’ve always struggled with that sort of thing...My sister is fluent in a few languages. I just….”> She paused and squinted at the menu, <”No meat?”> She whined as her ears fell flat against her head. She seemed disappointed. <”I don’t like potatoes….they make me bloated...no rice either? Uhmm…. “> She grew more flustered. <”No noodles… no rice… why is it always bread….I guess whatever sandwich has the most meat in it….”>

She blinked and looked up at Stare. <”Tea? Oh...Yes...yes that is good.”>

Stare glanced down at the menu, looking at the various sandwiches. The terms were a little fancy, marking this place out as somewhat high society. A frown appeared in her eyes as she looked around the room and where they were sat - only now really noticing how far they were from everyone else - before she replied.

<“Chicken, beef, turkey are the options. And rice is basically a staple of Akashima and nowhere else. Not even the kenku community. We eat …”> She paused. <“Meat mostly. So, what one?”>

She huffed. <”I mostly eat meat...I’d almost rather go out and just pick something off in the forest...ahhh that's so far away though. Chicken. I guess…”>

Stare took a moment to tilt her head at and survey the odd cat creature with such a casual, throwaway way of talking. A lot more relaxing than the formal words of her employer. It was somewhat like a breath of fresh air actually, and Stare began to consider that Eteri wasn't so clueless. Just very good at walking in circles.

The kenku raised a claw in the hand and beckoned over the reluctant waitress. The girl hid a frown badly as she came over.

No need to look so glum, Stare thought as she tried to smile, but with a beak for a mouth it is hard. “One chicken sandwich, and a potato with turkey, please,” she tried to add an undeserving pleasant tone to her voice. “And … two pots of tea, milk and sugar. Please.”

The waitress gave a fake smile before nodding and heading off. Stare rolled her eyes.

<“Well there's a racist for you.”>