Nevin blinked and looked up towards the entrance to his store. It had been quiet - the opening hour or two always were surprisingly enough. So he had been caught a bit off guard when the door opened, but having people come in to browse had happened before. It was only when his name was spoken that his attention was actually brought to bear on the individual who was -

Singlehandedly filling a significant portion of his store. The man didn't have to bend over, but it was a close thing. His head was just barely not touching the roof of the shop - and even so, he was still large enough to take up a significant portion of room on his own. The man knew Nevin's name, and looked familiar, so the alchemist started spinning his pen trying to think of where he recognized the massive individual from. His dark eyes lit up.

“Ah! You're Cromwell, right? Fenn’s friend that I met at the Tankard.” The one who had been surreptitiously feeding the dire wolf under the table while they ate. Nevin stood up from his stool behind the counter and stepped around it, approaching the giant of a man. “John Cromwell, right? Sorry, that evening is a bit of a blur.” He smiled pleasantly. He blinked and looked up, and up. And up. The alchemist was used to being taller than most people around him, so having to look up over a foot to meet someone’s eyes was - different.

“Yes. Yes, and you were feeding Daugi, right?” He frowned and rubbed his chin. “Yes. And the one that Jacques said couldn't join the competition. So - I doubt you're here just to have me try to remember my rather drunk night.” He abruptly clapped his hands and took a step back.

“Well - I don't have any other customers at the moment, so you'll get full service. What might you be here for? Not me, since you were surprised to see me. Alchemical need then?” That was probably exactly the case - why else would someone come to an alchemist’s store? “Are you needing a poison? An antidote? Something treated, perhaps?” The red-haired man had moved back over to the counter as he spoke, and picked up a pen and notepad, turned around and leaning back against the counter, taking care not to jostle any of the displays lining its surface.

“I have a fair amount of a general selection already made up, but if you're needing something more specialized don't hesitate to ask. I won't deny a fair amount of skill with the alchemical arts.” Nevin grinned. Hopefully whatever had brought John here wasn't something too time-crucial. He did wonder why John had been surprised to see him here though - he couldn't remember whether or not he had mentioned to the other man that he was an Alchemist. Apparently not.

Or - and this was rather lower percentage as the possible reason John was here - had he come looking for the blood magic? There'd been a few since his rather gory display to silence the people who claimed he was making it up for attention, but so far none that he actually knew before it. Still word was getting around, so it was a possibility.