I tilted my head to the side as I let my cloak settle back down, the Saw-Spear spear tucked away. The Unicorn was staring at me, with wide, scared eyes, and it had backed itself up, waving its horn at me, warding me away. I slowly held up my hands go show that they were empty. “Peace, peace fair one.” I spoke calmly, soothingly. “I have no interest in you, not in hurting you. These things were my prey.” Fuck, I had no idea how intelligent unicorns were. My focus in my studies had been on the animals that could become beasts - and unicorns were, themselves rarely in that category. If they became beasts, they lost many of their powers and became entirely new and terrifying creatures.

I slowly, slowly approached, watching to see the equine’s reaction. I wanted to get that damn noose off of it - such animals were meant to be wild and free, not trapped like some show horse. The huge pink eyes blinked, and the creature snorted as it nervously paced, hooves anxiously moving. Eyes focused on me hard, untrusting. “Easy, easy fair one. Come now, let me get that off of you?” I gestured with one hand to the rope around its neck. “It is not right that one such as you is a captive.” I had paused. I hoped the unicorn understood enough to catch at least the smooth, calming tone.

The unicorn stopped prancing as I finished speaking. Pink eyes blinked once, then stared at me, a sudden deep intelligence within them. The gaze was held for a long moment, in which neither of us moved - and then it seemed to accept. Cautiously, so cautiously it tilted its head to the side, exposing where the rope was half hidden under the mane.

Slowly, holding one hand out and away where those pink eyes could see it, I began to loosen the knot of the noose. It took some doing, and I finally had to use both hands to pull it free and off of her. I quickly stepped back and tossed it to the side as the unicorn shook its majestic head once, then twice, testing its newfound freedom. Then it snorted and waved its horn at me, forcing me back a bit further - then there was a sudden breath of wind that appeared from nowhere.

It was soft, but it had effect. It swirled between myself and the unicorn. From there it seemed to dance around her hooves. Her eyes slid closed, and a loud moan came from her, almost pleasing, before she threw her head up. The wind seemed to pick up, swirling faster and faster, but centered on her and as it did it played wildly with her man's and tail. But in the vortex she remained, a shiver running down her spine. She seemed to breath, mane sweeping up with one swell before it was between him and her. Then, it began to settle and as it did the unicorn began to change. Her fur shrank back, she shrank back in size, falling seemingly down onto her rear end …

The wind subsided. And in its place was the crouched, deeply breathing form of a small naked woman. She had long white hair that dressed her form a little, exceptionally pale skin and pink eyes. A deep wound was on her right thigh and a series of small bite marks on her collarbone. But it was not these she paid attention to. Instead she was staring with wide, vivid eyes right at me.

Lips trembled, then she spoke in a small voice.

“Thank you.” I blinked. Repeatedly. That was - decidedly not something I could have possibly expected. She was staring at me, and I felt like she was examining me. And she was naked. Very, naked. I unclasped my coat and tugged from my shoulders, and slung it around hers, closing the top few buttons before stepping back.

“I. Ah. Hello.” How the hell did you respond to a unicorn suddenly becoming a naked, attractive woman? Bleeding, no less? Fuck, no. Do not think about her blood, oozing down her side.

“I. You're welcome.”

A little she smiled at me before bringing the cloak in tighter about her. “You got any food?” she asked. “I really need meat.” I blinked, then slowly looked at the cooling bodies around us.

“Well - turnabout is fair play?” I raised an eyebrow, trying to distract myself. She stared.

“Anything but grass.” Aaaaaalright. I turned away from the staring woman, and began carving up the wolves, cutting chunks of meat from them. I tossed the ‘steaks’ into a pile. As I worked I looked over my shoulder - to see her still staring at me. It was - unusual.
“Can you gather some wood for a fire?”

The fixed glare became a gaze. It held for a moment, before she paused before grunting and nodding. One hand held the cloak together as she staggered to her feet - then let out a cry and crashed against a tree. Shit - I leapt to my feet and dashed to catch her before she fell go the ground.

“Alright. Just - sit down for now, alright fair one? I'll get some wood to cook the meat.” I set her down, carefully, then turned and began to work on gathering up the wood, branches, and small leaves to serve as kindling.