Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    It would be so fucking easy to kill this fucking bastard right here and right goddamn now. I growled as he pulled away from dawn girl - I hope you enjoyed that asshole because it may very well be the last time you ever lay those disgusting hands or lips on a woman. I turned away as he spoke to her - and slipped into a hole in the roof. The fucker had clearly bought the cheapest house he could find, to move in quickly.

I had to move quickly. This fucker had already laid those disgusting lips on her once. She may not be my wife - and oh, that thought burned like fire - and she likely would sleep with whoever the hell she wanted - but this, this fat, disgusting cow of a man, our prey? He would not touch her one moment more than necessary.

I had no time for subtlety. I gave myself, no time for stealth. As I moved swiftly, searching the upper floor for the stairs downward. As I moved - I came across a scarred man, closing a door and locking it. Before the door closed, I had time to see a frightened, small, naked boy, clutching himself with tears rolling down his face. I didn't hesitate - sharp, stattaco footsteps brought me to the man as he turned around - and my fingers drove into his throat, plunging straight into the soft flesh. His eyes widened and he tried to cry for help - but it was far too late for him. His words came out a wet, bloody gurgle, and I ripped my hand out from his skin. He stood there for a moment - then collapsed. I kicked his body away and unlocked the door - but didn't bother opening it. Let the boy work up the courage to investigate himself and learn of his freedom on his own. There - the stairs. I rushed to them.

It was the first floor now. The main hall. Ahead I could see - by the unholy empty moon those were her fucking clothes! Something had to be up - we were inside. She should have just killed the bastard. That was what she was here for. I scooped up the clothing and shoved it in my bag, then turned and raced through the halls, searching for where they had gone. As I moved, I came across a stick thin, bitter faced shrew of a woman. I could see why the animal keeper hadn't fed her to his beasts - they would likely die from choking on her bones. She went down to a broken neck, and I kicked her corpse under a table before leaving it. I did see a ring of keys on her belt - I snatched them up. There was a heavy one - labeled ‘basmnt, kayges’. Shit. There was another level. I took off, searching for - there. A door, locked, with a heavy lock that matched the key in my hands. I slipped the key into the lock, and stared into the dark stairs leading down for a moment. I took a breath, and moved down.

I came down to see her with the man, her...naked with him. He ran his hands along her body and was whispering….shit he knew who she was? And he was taunting her? Saying something about sedating her? She...she looked pretty sedated.

They stood before the cage of a large, four legged animal. It's body was that if a lion, strong, powerful legs moving it back and forth, pacing within the cage. It had an angry, roaring face, snarling as it stared at then pair in front of the door to the cage. From its back, where it's tail should be - came a massive, waving scorpion stinger, a thick, green poison dripping from the stinger on the end. This fucking - he had a moon damned MANTICORE?!

“I think I’m going to fuck you - then...I’m going to watch the Manticore fuck you. I wonder if crossbreeding is a thing?” The man hissed at Scarlet.”

I saw red. Fury boiled in my veins, driving rational thought far and away. I drew my blade and began pacing forward. I had planned on watching dawn girl kill this bastard, to see how she worked when she wasn't in emotional conflict - ignoring the amount of conflict we created in each other that is. But - but. This fucker had clearly done something to her. I was going to kill him slowly. Flay him, toss his skin in to his pet there, then slowly dismember him and keep him alive as I fed him piece by piece to his fucking Manticore. I came up, raising my blade above my head to strike him with the oak haft - and froze.

I hadn’t seen it, till now but Scarlet...she already had her hand in his chest. Where her hand had penetrated his chest thick lines of black and green tore through his skin. Signs of poison. The man was screaming, silently screaming. Being kept alive only by her girp. HIs veins throbbed tightly against his head and his mouth foamed with white froth. His eyes were bulging. Bloodshot. Clear signs of a silent torture.

Blood dripped down her arm. She gave a twist before she ripped out his heart, snapping muscle and sinew from his chest. “Hunter? What are you doing?” She - she was OK. My body deflated in relief - she was OK. Rage and fury sapped out of my body, leaving me drained for a moment. Without thinking, I leaned against metal.

“You're OK…” Was all I managed to get out - before my in attentiveness bit me. Or stung me. A stinger shot out towards me - and I barely had time to get my left arm up to intercept it. The manticore’s stinger slammed into me, scraping against stone, and the force of the blow flung me like a rag doll.

“Fuck!” Scarlet swore.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    She snorted. “Honestly, you’re far worse off than I am. I heal. Quickly. If you hadn’t come charging in, I would have taken care of the manticore from a distance. Ah… but I had to be the good guy and let you have your fight didn’t I?” Scarlet shook her head. He should be sorry, he charged in, he put himself in danger. She had everything under control but he let his … his… what was it, his feeligns get in the way? Was that it?

“So there is no good room here, at all?” Scarlet asked. She had to focus on the task at hand, getting him to a bed, and then distancing herself from him whilst the illroot was still thick in the air. She wasn’t about to let him get the jump on her. Damn shit, almost s potent as truth serum if used right.

“Has to be. Just didn't see it. And - no, I'm sorry you have to keep touching me. I know you don't like it.” His voice was thin and thready, and she saw blood still oozing down his arm.

“If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t. Really, you should know me to be callous enough to leave you there. What gave you that idea?”

A soft, bitter laugh. “Because most of the time I don't feel I deserve to be close to you, let alone touch you.” They were at the stairs, and he started to drag himself upwards, stabbing the blade in and pulling his form up.

“Now what the fuck is that supposed to mean?” Scarlet asked herself as she followed him up the stairs. The two finally made their way up, and they made a hard left. Hunter dismissing the right having come down from there.

They were in luck. It was the only room in the whole house that was clean, and done up as the door swung open to the master bedroom Scarlet let Hunter slide to the floor. She dusted off her hands. Her lower back still ached and no doubt still had shards of glass protruding from it.

“This… is surprisingly nice.”

And it was. The room had a queensize bed adorned in fluffy quilts and animal skins, Scarlet aprpoched it and pressed down on the creme linen. “Goose down.” She mused. The window had been boarded up, but there were several oil lamps dotted around the room giving the two plenty o light. There was a porcelain bath in the far corner, with pipes connecting from that to the hearth and a fire was lit, already roaring. They had hot water.

“Looks like our host wasn’t expecting any company tonight.” Scarlet mused as she turned back to hunter.

“Too bad that he got some then, and had to give up the best room in the house.”

“Shall I run a bath for you?”

Hunter paused and looked down at his body. He was looking a little steadier, but he still needed the blade to stay upright. He shrugged. “Only if you want to join me.” He

“D-do I look like a fucking courtesan to you?” Scarlet snapped. The bath was big enough for the two sure….but to say such a thing? Why on earth would he want that? Scarlet was trying to be civil. She lifted her hand to her head, she could feel the haze of the illroot ebbing at her consciousness. She had to keep tabs on it or she’d start saying shit without thinking..

He paused, staring at her. Then softly he shook his head. “No, you don't.” Even softer, barely audible. “You look like my wife.” Then he started towards the bath, an awkward, shuffling pace as he tried not to damage the floor with the blade.

“I look like her, but I’m not her.” Scarlet said as she followed then passed him. She turned the taps and water rushed out. The assassin leaned against the rim of the tub. “Are you well enough to pull out any remaining glass from my lower back? I can’t see there.”

Pain. That’d distract her from his silent thoughts. Fuck why won’t he shut up. Why did he keep referencing her as his wife? Sure she may have been, but that was in the past. That was a dead life. A meaningless dead and useless life.

“Yes. Bend over.” There had been a pause for a moment there. She could still see blood falling, but slower now. She found herself bending over far too easily for him. She hoped he hadn’t noticed the complacency. Scarlet was aware of it, she was aware why. She just - she needed fresh air. She needed to clean herself up and let him heal here on his own.

Yes…

She’d try to do that.

“Fuck. You look good.” His breath was a whisper. Then she felt his fingers glide across her skin, warming her with his touch, and occasionally plucking small shards of glass that she hadn't even felt enter her. His hands dipped lower, splaying across the round of her ass. She felt shards dig in - then his hands twisted them out.

“Just do your job. I don’t need the commen-Fcuk…” Her knees buckled as she felt him push glass back into her skin. “I said pull them OUT!” Scarlet hissed as she straightened her back and turned to face him. Steam began to fill the room as the bath continued to run.

“Can’t you folllow a simple fuckn’ order?”

He held up his hands, showing that they were filled with glass. “I was.” He stepped over and dumped the glass into the sink, then stood tj right for a long moment, silent.

Scarlet glared at him before sighing and turning back around. Perhaps she was wrong. “Is it all gone now?”

“Most of it. There's a few shards closer to the middle.” There was strain to his voice as he spoke. Like he was gritting his teeth. She briefly wondered why, but she couldn’t let that curiosity get the better of her now. Not when she was in such a state.

“Remove it.” She said. “Make it quick so we can get you into the bath.”

“one… Moment.” There was a painful grating sound, and she heard a pained exhalation. “Fuck. OK. Fuck. I can… Help you now.” She heard a loud clatter, and then his footsteps approached her.

“Bend over and brace yourself. And don't move too much, I'm going to be kneeling behind you to make sure I got it all.”

That ….sounded dangerous. Scarlet ndded her acknowledgement. The less she spoke the better. She shouldn’t dare speak about what sort of connotations that his words had. This was meant to be a track and kill. Not another awkard night spent together.

“Make sure to tell me if you feel anything.” She heard him shift, his clothes rustling as he knelt down.

“Alright.”

Shit. Why did I just say that so simply? Fucking traitor and his fucking drugging her. Scarlet was pissed. She thought she had a better handle on illroot than this.

“Good. Alright. Bend, please.” She bent over, her bloodied breasts and tendrils of long crimson hair dipped into the rising water. Being careful not to move too much Scarlet reached up and turned the taps off. The water was hot. “Ugh...the water is probably too hot for you right now.” she muttered.

She felt his fingers gently caressing her ass, soft, feather light touches that barely skimmed her skin. They paused once or twice, and she felt him slide glass out of her. Then his hands began working inwards, pressing softly in spots.

“When we’re done, you should get in too. As much as I love to see you covered in blood, I want you to wash off so we can make sure I didn't miss any.” His voice was gentle, tender. She felt his fingers glance over her ass hole, an accidental touch. Then from very close to that, she felt glass be removed.

“Yeh….ok. I - ah..w-what are you-” She clamped her mouth down. No. don’t say anything. Scarlet would have to keep quiet. “This is because I braced your fall.” Yes. Yes that was better, that was truth. That was truth and it wasn’t anything that was anything to do with...this current situation,

“Dawn, talk to me. Was something wrong there? And - yes. I'm sorry.”

“No...it...it feels nice.” Scarlet said. She inwardly swore at the words that left her mouth. He was an astute man. But she hoped he wasn’t that clued in and that his pain and blood loss made him miss these faux paux.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    The illroot was wearing off. Scarlet was aware of what she was doing. Of who. Why was he saying these things? They didn't exactly put her at ease. Even with him grinding hard into her, and her enjoying it Scarlet pulled herself up then off of him. Now...was not the time for that.

She wanted more. Gods she wanted to finish herself off. But this had gone far enough. Scarlet...didn’t want every encounter with the man to end with the two fucking out their frustrations. Blood fell from her inner thighs and trickled into the stained water. Her body ached, sure she was a masochist, and sure she liked the pain but the kind he inflicted seemed...odd to her. She wasn’t sure if he was enjoying it, or if he was just going through the motions. It almost felt...sloppy. That wasn’t what bothered her.

What bothered her was the way she just admitted everything. She was furious. Scarlets hands were balled into fists. Scarlet wasn’t angry at him for taking advantage of the situation. How could she be? Scarlet would have done the very same thing. Well - she wouldn’t have fucked him. But she would have sucked every piece of information she could from him.

“A jolly ol’ fuck eh?” Scarlet mumbled then laughed bitterly. She shook her head. Why the hell did me make her think of that cuck of a woman. What a cockblock. Even when she wasn’t here.

“Why should I care who you fuck. I ain't got no control over that. I don't care.” She shifted her eyes to look up at him. The gold rims were fading, being engulfed by the inky black. She was getting close. Too close. This…this feeling in her chest. She had to sort this out. She had to sort him out. Why was it whenever anything got serious he’d shrink back? Scarlet felt like she couldn’t hold a decent conversation with him without it ending in some sort of angsty emotional drama.

“Then I won't. Fuck.” He stood up, and shoved his way out of the water. “And you don't have to worry about Philomel. Not my type and she thinks I'm a genetic monster.” He paused in the water and looked at her, then clamped his right hand over the hole in the left forearm. Did the two correlate? Why did he clasp the stone part of his arm as he mentioned fuzzy tits name?

Hunter continued. ”You don't have to care who I'm with, Dawn girl. But I'll listen anyway. I - should leave.” He shook his head, and there was self-harm in those silver eyes before he was moving away, keeping his face turned away from her. He grabbed up his clothes and paused in the doorway, tugging on the trousers. She heard him swallow, loudly. “I'm sorry. I'll leave you be until you need me again. But - everything I said was true.” He tugged his shirt over his head. “I'm going to go let that kid know he's free. I'm - glad you're OK.” He pushed open the door to leave.

There it was. She knew this would happen. The leaving, the fucking emotional manipulation of ‘oh I’ll just leave then but ya you’re ok’ Scarlet wondered if he was even aware of how manipulative he was being right now. She wasn’t sure if she should congratulate him or kick his ass out to the curb. Neither. His actions pissed her off.

“Why do you always just walk away?” Scarlet turned to him. “What kind of fuckin’ man walks away when he is being challenged? Are you aware you’re being an emotionally manipulative asshole?”

She was angry. Angry at herself for letting him get to her. Angry at him for always saying he would leave. Angry at Philomel and her god-damn fucking perfect tits meddling in his shit. “Aren't you meant to face challenges? You felled that manticore, you killed that drake, oh but when it comes to facing me you just put your damn tail between your legs and vanish?” The words continued, like venom. She was used to it, to using them for this. To bring hatred upon her. She almost couldn’t help herself. “Fuck. I’m surprised you lasted 800 years with her.”

He froze. His fingers splintered the wood of the door jamb. He slowly turned around, and the silver in his eyes was blazing. He let the piece of shattered wood fell from his hand in tiny clatters to the floor as he slowly began to stalk towards her. There was no tenderness in the gaze now, but an intense, cold stare that pierced through her. Scarlet matched it with one of her own.

Good. That’s better. That’s what I’m used to and that’s what we need. Scarlet thought to herself.

“Let me make something -perfectly- clear, Scarlet. The only, only time, I back down from something, is if I think it will hurt you. Because I am absolutely fucking terrified of losing you again and this time because of my own fucking actions.”

Scarlet blinked. She was expecting hate, she was expecting anger and whilst she was getting it to some degree from the man...his words weren’t said to hurt her.

As he spoke the Hunter was slowly pacing towards her. “It was -my- inaction that ripped my wife and our child away from me. Because I faced challenges without a fucking care in the world. Even when my Amari warned me not to. I was stupid. I ran face first into everything. A perfect, little, hunter. And then because I didn't know when to fucking walk away, someone learned about my wife. And her heritage. And I trusted them - and I lost her.”

“You giving up and being a fucking wimpy shit - leaving. That hur-” the words caught in her throat. No. She wouldn't say that. She barely knew the man. He froze again. His the coldness in his gaze faded. He closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. When they opened again to her black tinged gaze, they were guarded, wary. Contemplative.

“You say - you said you don't care who I fuck. I care. Because I don't want to hurt you. Philomel - is an ally. One I feel fairly certain can do with seeing less of me than she already has. Last time I saw her, I made her break down crying. But - I will not go near her sexually.” He was standing closer to her now, having moved forward as he spoke. “And I will not leave your side until you return to your - to him.”

“You made her cry? What did you deny her sex or something?”

Scarlet didn’t like that he had allied himself with the faun. She knew where that would lead. The woman and her self righteous heroic attitude would no doubt end up swaying him. Her and her sweet words and her lilting lillies and everything else. She had at her disposal. She was a powerful enemy. Already, Scarlet felt it may be best to just leave. But then wouldn’t she be doing just what he was? Leaving the situation because she couldn’t handle it?

Scarlet swore. “See where trusting someone gets you-?” She turned away from him and sat herself on the edge of the plush bed. Running her hands over its soft covers. “I'm… not Good with emotions. I'm not good with comfort. I'm nrt a good person. You want to tell that kid they’re free? Hell - I’ll kill it. It’s life is going to be miserable anyway. So why not just slit its throat and be done with it?” She sighed. Such actions had caused ire before. Killing an ‘innocent’ child. Who the hell cared?

Scarlet swung her legs to and fro, her toes danced along the polished wooden floorboards. “I'm not your wife. Gods it'd be easier if I was but no - I have no memories of that life. That is not who I am. Who I am… what I am is a danger. You’ll come to learn that. Be it from me, from Advencia or from Tits McGee.”

She felt his hand rest on her shoulder and offer it a tight squeeze. He pulled his hand away and was quiet as he walked around the bed and moved onto it. Scarlet felt the bed shift - and then his back was against hers, supporting her. She felt his warmth trickle into her cold, virtually lifeless skin. He drew in a deep breath that moved her slightly, then let it out slowly, in a drawn out hiss. “You never were good with comfort. Ky’lin would always come to me if she was upset about something. You loved her fiercely, but - showing it has always been a bit off for you. But - you know? You called me Flay in the bath. Just now.” His voice was soft. Calm.

Scarlet laughed bitterly. “You keep saying ‘me’ as though we are the same person. We’re not Same lifeforce, soul or whatever - sure. But personality? I doubt it. You’re only going to hurt yourself if you keep looking for similarities.” She paused, hearing him mention the name. “Well...it suited.”

“It does. Because it was Ri’s favorite Nickname for me. She called me it more often than Fil'ayn. Hell, I only heard my full name from her when she was pissed off at me, or really, really distracted.” She felt him shift against her back, the bed creaking.

“is that so?” So much for her words of not being that person. She didn’t expect that. Perhaps it was possible to have snippets of memories. She had seen them before - when the Ixian Knight helaed her of her corruption the first time. Scarlet had seen them all, countless glowing reincarnations of herself. Course - they were all glowing and bright so there was no way in telling which of them was which. They looked exactly the same.

“It was. Confused me when you used it.” He sighed and shook his head, his hair dancing against the back of her head. “There are times when you are so like her that it hurts. Making off with my tea, for example. Knowing when bath water is going to be too hot for me. Small things. Makes it very hard to disassociate you from her. But - she’d probably hate me now, you know. I was the one who got distracted, held up - and the damn magic-hunters came.” His body sagged. “I’m - always half expecting it now. That you’ll turn around, and it will be her looking out from behind your eyes, full of hate for me for failing her.” Now was when he moved away, though he only moved up the bed, and from the corner of her eye she could see that he was leaning against the wall. Silent, his face twisted in thought.

“So what if I do?” Scarlet swung her legs off the bed and headed to the bath. Pulling the plug. “So what if I somehow...fuckin’ magically and conveniently be your dead wife, so what if she hates you? She’s dead.” She enunciated the ‘dead’ with a heavy punctuation. Driving home the fact. Even with what Aislynn did, and how it reconnected her to her past selves. There was no guarantee it could be done again.“You know her more than I. Do you think she’d carry such resentment?”

“She-she should. By every right, she should. But.. She wouldn't.” His body deflated.

“I act like her. Do I look like her, aside from being a white ass fucker?” Scarlet asked as she turned and leaned against the porcelain rim of the bathtub. It wasn’t as comfortable as the large bed but Hunter was currently taking up that space.

“Yes. Aside from your skin tone and your eyes - painfully so. And your birthmark, the mark of your cycle, is in a different place.” He sighed, and she noticed he had started rubbing his left arm - his fingers running along the edge of the hole that pierced through it. It seemed - a little smaller, but it was healing nowhere near as fast as the other injuries.

“Your arm. It’s stone. Why?” She needed to distract herself, and him from the previous conversation. So she did resemble his dead wife, and act like her. Great. Just fuckin’ great. He looked down, as if only now realizing what he was doing.

“Did I tell you how I came to be here, on this continent, instead of Alerar?” He lifted his eyes to her. “This is - tied to that.”

“No you didn’t, I don’t ask questions. We aren’t exactly...chatty about that sort of thing.” Scarlet dusted her hands off then went to wipe them on her clothes only to realise - well - she still wasn’t wearing any. The woman sighed as she reluctantly headed over to the bed and dragged off one of the many blankets and wrapped it around herself before sitting on the end of the bed. “Regale me.”

He chuckled and nodded. “Well. It started in an inn. I was there waiting to see if anyone had a Hunt. Then in comes this blonde human woman - an oddity in Alerar. She tries seducing me, I think, but does it entirely wrong to really get me. Then she insults me, and I left. Outside - well. I ran into titfaun. Turns out, they were there looking for information, and the human woman was an absolute nonce about trying to get me alone to ask.”

Scarlet scoffed. “Sounds like something she’d do. What was she looking for?” Scarlet waved her hand dramatically in the air. “Ways to fell the evil sciences of steam engines?”

“Oh, nothing so grandiose as all that. She had apparently found out that Alerar was working on genetic experimentation.” His voice was - oddly bland.

“Oh?” Scarlet lowered her hands. “What, that’s you? So what? She needs to keep her fuckin’ nose out of other peoples business.” The Hunter nodded once, then shook his head.

“Indeed, I am one of the people who was experimented on. This was - during the years I had lost, so I wasn't aware of my past at the time. But in any case. She of course felt that genetic experiments are an affront to nature, and that I was a vile monster who had to be slain. She chased me across some rooftops before flanking me with that damn grinning fox.” He grunted.

“I truly thought I was going to die there. No one would have even noticed, then.”

Scarlet bought a knee up to rest under her chin. She….she didn’t like Philomel, rather she hated the woman. But she didn’t think the woman so callous, so big headed that she’d kill another over something so trivial. It didn’t make sense to Scarlet. “I’m disappointed with her.” Scarlet muttered. “I thought she was better than that. If it puts you at ease, if she tries it again I’ll crush that foxes skull and rip its flesh off to throw in her face.” Scarlet offered Hunter a grin. “I’ll show you the memory too so you can see the look on her face as her beloveds dead carcass slowly slides down from it to plop onto the floor.”

He snorted. “Careful. Damn thing can grow and breathe fire, don't know if it could do that last time you met it. And she has a fucking dragon. Not a drake, but a thirty foot long fucking dragon. And - turns out she didn't kill me. Just bound me, threw me in a cell on her ship, and sailed away.” He leaned back against the wall, and frowned before taking off his shirt. When it was off he began rubbing the edge where stone and flesh met on his arm.

“So we’re sailing. I'm her captive. She keeps coming down to me and trying to convince me that science is unnatural, an abomination and an insult to the gods. Which I calmly shut the hell down. Science is more natural than magic and the gods. But I won't bore you with that. Suffice to say, every time the youngling tried to talk to me, she came away with a headache and her worldview being slapped down.” He shook his hed, amused. Then the amusement faded.

“Cue her coming down, drinking. And finally admitting why we left so suddenly. Turns out someone important left the fort, and she had to go back and rescue them from being an idiot. Asked me if I knew of any cures for Medusa or Gorgon stoning. I did, do - but they're based in

Scarlet interrupted. “Let me guess - that evil abomination of science was the cure? Who was so important to her to have her run off like that? Shinsou? Storm?”

He frowned. “I - cannot say. It wasn't either of those - I'd never heard of shinsou at this point. But yes. Not only that - but she needed me to track the individual down. Because a Gorgon had been hunting in the area, and threatening the women of her little fort family. That was part of the reason she needed me so badly - but couldn't admit it. Who wants to admit they need the help of a monster? Other, calmer heads prevailed, and I followed the tracks. Right to the person as the Gorgon bit them. Stoned them completely with their venom. We fought it - and I was bit. We managed to get the Gorgon back before it could inject too much venom into my system -”

Scarlet frowned. He woudn’t tell her? Why? What secret was the faun keeping. Did she have some sort of family? A sister? Brother? Scarlet felt anger build inside of her. “What is so important to that bitch? To have you get injured like that? After she treated you like that? What the fuck is her fucking problem?”

He stared at her for a long, long moment, then he shook his head and leaned forward to take her hand in his left. He held tight, not letting her take it away. “Her problem is that she didn't want to admit she was wrong. It's hard for someone so young to admit to faults.” He shook his head again. “My - the cure worked on the victim. But it didn't work on me - I guess because the stoning venom wasn't fully injected, it affected my chemistry differently. So until I find another solution, I'm left with this.” He rubbed his right hand against the stone flesh.

“You won’t answer me will you?” Scarlet hissed as she yanked on her hand futily. Wasn’t he the one who said they should talk more and that she should tell him how she felt. Why was she the one that was forced to tell him everything and he got off free?

“I - dawn, I can't. I wish I could. I wish I could share everything with you.” He sounded torn. He closed his eyes and let go, and leaned back. “This isn't my secret. Or I would tell you in a heartbeat.”

“Fine.” She spat.”Go have your secrets with her.” Why did it have to be her of all people? Scarlet shook her head then f the bed. “Scooch I am cold and want to get under.” She pointed to the goose down he sat on.

“But I can't hate her, even if she did kidnap me and got me hurt.” He complied, shifting over to give her room. “Because if she hadn't kidnapped me - I wouldn't have found you again.”

“Yeh, well like that fuckin’ matters. She’ll take you from me. She takes everything from me. So fuckin… I don’t car.e.. I’m done with this subject. I shouldn’t have asked.” Scarlet pulled the blanket from

“She will not take me from you. No one will.” He voice was firm - and looking at him, she saw that his intense silver gaze was focused on her, shining brightly. He then blinked and looked away, and shifted off of the bed. Without looking back at her, he stripped down, tossing the clothes to the side. Then he slipped under the covers - keeping a short distance away from her.

“She will… they all go in the end.” Scarlet whispered as she forced her eyes shut