Fuck. Fuck I just wanted to stand up and walk around this table and take her into my arms, to wrap them around her shoulders and hold her to my chest as she ate. I'd have to - to fuck, what the hell did I have to do here? I took a deep breath and forced my eyes away from her - it was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be.

If they hadn't already, her cravings would probably soon start. I needed to keep an eye out for that - it would be a sign of what nutrients her body was needing. Or, what her mouth craved. But warm bread with butter - a but more expensive than I was used to but not exorbitantly so - was enough for now it seemed. One of her hands fell to the table, and without looking or thinking about it I reached out and rested mine on top of it.

My eyes were still scanning the crowd. Watching for this bastard, because if he knew enough to hide from the Hand, there was a good chance he would be able to recognize dawn girl. I'd have to keep that from happening, if it looked like he was coming back. “Did you need something?” She asked, I looked back to her. She had..she had breadcrumbs and butter dotted around her lips. She usually was quite the dainty eater, but - did they even feed her in the Hand?

“Hmm? No?” I tilted my head, confused. Why did she ask? “Are you still hungry? I can get you more.” I didn't need anything right now - but maybe she did? People tended to ask others for what they themselves wanted, right? She stared at me for a moment before she moved her hand away from underneath mine, she shifted it to sit on her lap underneath the table. Shit - when had I done that? I felt my eye tighten, and I pulled my hand back, staring at it for a moment. “Ah. Sorry.”

She stared at me again, for a few agonising seconds as I shifted, cursing myself for doing that without thinking, before she cleared her throat. “It’d be easier if I had a glamour potion. Whilst in the hand he hit on nearly every woman there. It’d be easier to get closer to him. Unless you wanted to woo him?” She asked as she tilted her head to the side with wry smirk. “You do sort of have that way about you.”

“No, thank you. My preferred type is short with red hair. And tits.” Had I remembered to grab a glamor potion? I don't think this town had an underground shop where we could get one. I started digging into my bags, setting vials up on the table as went. Some were spices or seasonings, one - that I pushed closer to her - was meant to help settle the stomach during pregnancy - and - there. Soft, blue. I pulled it out and handed it to her. “Here, drink these.” It, and the anti-nausea, I pushed to her.

Scarlet twirled them around in her hands as she picked them up. “You have quite the specific type, don’t you.” She drew in a breath causing said tits to rise and fall. “I ain’t that endowed, perhaps you should seek out someone like the fuckin’ fuzzy tit faun.” She added bitterly. I shook my head.

“Impressive as they are, not really my type.” That had been - disastrous. And nothing really had happened. Besides me making her bawl in tears. Whoops. “You though, well. I could stare at you all night and not think one moment wasted.” I shrugged.

Her cheeks reddened, I wasn’t sure if she was even aware of it. “You know I’ll have you rot in a cell if anything happens to me.” She paused before popping the lid off one, then the other. That was - unlikely. Unless she had an allergic reaction to the nausea medicine, but..

“I already checked to make sure the anti-nausea medicine didn't have anything you were allergic to. I want you at the top of your game for this, dawn girl. I want to see you in action.” A motion made me turn my head away as I looked to see if the prey had returned - he had not. I doubted at this point he would. Good.

“Wait...allergies? Why would you- how could you possibly know that?”

I turned back to Scarlet, her body shimmered and her red hair faded to blonde. The black in her eyes diluted to a white and her eyes...her eyes returned to their usual emerald colour. Freckles appeared on her face as her skin became a sun-kissed brown. I tilted my head to one side.

“What? What do I look like?”

“Well. I definitely prefer your original appearance. Except for your eyes. They look better green. Blonde, tanned.” I looked away. It was - easier not to think of dawn girl as my wife, without the more painful, obvious similarity of her eyes laughing in my face. I would have to avoid looking at her eyes though - that staring green gaze was something I craved. It was - safer for me not to look directly at her.

“Come on.” I stood up abruptly. “I - wait. I'll go find out where he went to ground. I'll be back shortly. Finish your tea, please.” I could not look at her. Not right now. The clawing beast in my chest was waking up. And neither of us needed that. I tried off in the direction the man had left.

“I didn’t think I looked that fuckin’ bad…” she muttered under her breath, clearly intending me not to hear. I paused. I looked over my shoulder in her direction, my eyes carefully closed.

“If I don't stop looking at you now, I won't be able to. Your eyes are too damn entrancing.” My voice was thick as I spoke on answer to her muttered comment. Then I straightened myself and strode off.