Anger seethed deep in the warrior. He was the hurricane, and he lashed out at the hunter, his voice coldly replying, “You got your wish, you saw her. Now die!”

Before the slashes had been lighter blows, blows that went for speed over power, but with the Storms Eye Kata in effect Taka took the fight to a new lethality. Choking up on the grips of both blades he held them point down before him and began the unbroken blade Kata, while continuing the flurry of blows at the Hunter.

While he knew the hunter was quick, Taka has one last trick up his sleeve. He finally let go, releasing the full brunt of his Chi through the area, dark waves of tainted energy flowing from the warrior as he began to slash.

The dark-skinned man dodged and rolled, shifting out of the way of the blows, narrowly avoiding the beginning of the assault. He never seemed to be in quite the right place for the powerful slashes to connect - until he stumbled as the blast rolled over him. He stumbled, took a dark-wrapped blade to the side. It would have been a devastating blow - if the Damascus blade hadn't intercepted. Instead inhuman strength pitted against Chi-backed fury, and it wasn't sure which would win. The problem for the Huntsman was - Taka had two blades.

The second blade slashed low and aimed for a leg. It was at that moment that Taka let the oni gain a deeper grip on his soul. He drew upon the taint of Jigoku and slammed his blade at the man’s knee in what should have been a crippling blow. The man - threw himself backwards, his blade snapping open and extending. He did not escape unharmed from the blade though - Taka could see blood flowing down, and the Hunter tested his weight a few times before snarling. A cut, but not the crippling blow it would have been - and now, that strange weapon was much longer than before, nearly doubled in length.

“My wish? My damn wish is for those damn black irises to become green again. To know that she isn't on the verge of losing her damn sanity.” His voice was a deep, low snarl as he crouched, favoring his injured leg. “To know she isn't a corrupted shell of what she once was. So - I guess I won't be able to die yet, not until that fucker is in the ground and she is free.”

He charged in slashing once more in the steel hurricane of blades. He was beyond words as he slashed and cut and fought, trying to end the man before him. His cries were those of a wounded beast, that knew it was dying still struggling, still fighting, still vying for life. He was the broken General of the Ixian Knights. Sei Orlouge’s Dark Blade, and with every strike a part of that man was lost, an inky blackness coming over his skin, each blow looking to break the hunter's defenses.

And now, maddeningly, the Hunter was keeping away, dodging further back, circling around the street as he led the man back and forth. He didn't seem to be actually trying to break away, or stray too far from where their fight began - but he was also keeping just at the edge of the range of his own weapon, using the full length of it to defend against the heavier and heavier blows as Taka surrendered more of himself. The attacks were becoming stronger - but less trained as fury overwhelmed him, consumed him.

Taka was spitting curses gutturally in his native tongue. The civility of the man lost with each passing moment that the hunter continued to keep away. Taka finally chucked his wakizashi at the hunter in a moment that caused the warrior to finally stop, breathing heavily from exertion. He knew the blade had no chance of connecting, but the symbolism of tossing his honor to destroy a foe was not lost on him as he watched the blade get batted away with ease. It clattered to the ground, while the warriors shoulders rose and fell in time with his deep breathes.

That symbolism, was not lost on him either.

The Hunter scooped the blade up with his foot and tossed it into the air, catching it with his off hand. He studied it for a moment, then turned that piercing silver gaze towards Taka. He didn't move as Taka caught his breath - until a few moments had passed. Then he tossed the blade back, underhanded and turned to the side, clearly not an attack. He caught the blade with ease, and it was deposited back in its sheath, once more safe on his hip. He grunted, “Arigato.”

The drow nodded his head once - and his blade clicked back to its resting, folded state. It didn't return to its holster yet - but then, Taka’s own sword hadn't yet been returned to its sheath. Those damn silver eyes were watching Taka warily. “Back with me then?” He did sound rather out of breath, though his form didn't show it.

“I'm here,” Was the simplistic reply. The two men stared at each other, watching, judging.

“What is it that you, you, the warrior before me, desires? Not the fucker in his keep, not the girl who is too free with her blade. But you.” The Huntsman was still speaking in that infuriating, calm voice - the anger from before vanished in their fight.

“A stiff drink for starters,” was the open reply, it was a wry attempt at humor. One that would show he had calmed a bit, “I want this to end. I wanted the pain, the sorrow, and the despair to end. It is all I have ever wanted, it was why I took up the blade, why I refused to kill myself. I would rather the world spit on me, decry my honor, and besmirch my name, than for another to suffer.”

He ran a hand through his hair, “I wanted my family restored, to be the guardians they had always been. For my exile to be over and to be free of the taint that corrupts me. What I want doesn't matter, it is trivial. What is important is my duty. My duty is to her, and I will not allow you to give her false hope.”

The Hunter was very calm. He studied Taka for a long few moments, then tucked his blade under his coat, holstering it. “What then, Taka, would prove it not false? Commitment? Dedication? A willingness to die - a willingness to live? Fah.” He shook his head, his hat shifting slightly. “I don't know what false hope you think I offer her. I - can't offer you a stiff drink either, we seem to have scared all the townsfolk away.” He gave his own wry grin.

“But what I can say, is this. I - am a Hunter. I've thrown myself under things terrible and disgusting, because I know there are things out there that I could never have hoped to fight on my own. Not as I was.” He sighed. “I don't know what you know of my homeland. Huntsman, like myself, were half of a group - the other half, were the watchers on the wall. Defenders, like your family. So when you say you wish to be a guardian, that you seek to help when all the world might turn against you - well. How can I not respect that? How can I not wish to extend my hand to someone who has the same drive to a goal that I do?” His silver eyes bored into Taka.

“Your duty is to her. So is mine. I wish to help her. Amari is in there, desperate, scared and alone. My hand is there for her whenever she needs it. I extend that hand to you as well.”

“Taka...is dead. Scarlet killed him for his naivety, I am merely his corpse, waiting to fall into a grave if I am lucky. If I am not, I will be fed to the pigs,” Was the blunt reply, “I am Zero, nothing, less than. Taka, Taka may have deserved that respect. I am not worthy of more than pity.”

“And she, worth less for doing it.” It was a strange comment, for someone who fought to help her. “But - both of you, both of you are cursed to come back from the dead. Her, in fire and pain, you, with your own curse. Who is to say that Taka cannot do that? I still see the warrior of honor in you. Because if he wasn't - your wants would have not been anything like they are. Those are the desires of a man who still seeks life. Just like she - who seeks death - regrets and hates what she is, and does not accept it.” The hunter folded his arms over his chest. “So - you have both. My pity, and my respect. My sorrow, for what was done to you. And my hope - that the man who walked into his death, can rise.”

“What you see is the delusions of a mind that still has hope. I was once you, now I am nothing. One day, you too are cursed to be nothing, I only hope you keep some semblance of yourself in the process,” Zero replied, he turned to leave, moving to the downed form of Advencia and gently stroked her hair in a tender move, a sigh leaving his lips, “The things we do…”

He heard footsteps - the hunter, moving to Scarlet. “Indeed.” The other man let out a loud sigh. “I despise it. Watching her return to that place, where I know she will sink back down. It tears at me. I wish I could go there, to help her there. But I know - I would die. And she doesn't want that. So I move. I fight. I train. I throw myself at things too large for me, all in the attempt to grow stronger. Because that fucker is still waiting.” He spat out.

“Lye fears only one man, a demon that rests in the prisons beneath the sanctum. If you wish to end the Crimson Assassin, you need only free the Lavinian Demon. He could set things right, but Lye has gone out of his way to make things hard for the man. He is determined to let Seth-sama rot in his cell. If you wish for change, that is your first move,” Zero replied firmly.

There was a thoughtful hum. He was staring at the body. “Well then. It seems I have a quarry to pursue.” He let out a soft laugh. “Now to figure out how to free a man in a place I am not yet strong enough to walk in. One small task at a time, it seems. Next will be, to work on bringing that warrior who cherished his blades so much back out.”

“One day I might be worthy of Rengoku again, but it will be a long time to reach,” Zero said. He rose up with Advencia on his shoulder and moved to Amari, lifting her in much the same way. He began to leave and stopped, “You ran when it appeared I might overwhelm you, the fight had drained me beyond my ability to pursue. I lost track of you, do not make me a complete liar.” Hunter gave a grim smile.

“Tell Dawn girl - Scarlet - I appreciate her efforts, if you can. I'll use it well.” He stood up, and bowed to Taka. Then - two long strides, and his legs tensed - and he jumped, onto a roof. His dark form vanished over the edge, out of sight.