He was stubborn, Taka had to give him that. Looking at the hunter he sighed and shook his head slowly. He felt the grief well up inside him and stamped it down, a scowl hiding behind his mask, “So she told you of Taka…”

The drow tilted his head to the side, and gave a slow nod. “Never a name, but yes.”

“And yet you still persist? Sad,” He replied. His thumb pressed once more against the tsuba, unlocking his blade from his sheath he widened his stance and spoke, “Would you prefer to be on your feet on seated? I will grant you the right.” The Huntsman turned back to face him, and one of his white eyebrows rose. He smiled, an odd, twisted half smile. The man hesitated, his silver eyes widening, and he let out a strangled laugh. Then his arms spread out. His eyes closed.

“Very well. It was - I wish I had been able to help you more, Amari, but it looks like my time is done this time around.” His voice was odd - like he wasn't speaking to Taka at all. Then those silver eyes opened and focused on Taka. “Do make it quick, please. And - I suppose, if she is to forget me, you might as well make use of the home she tried to make for me. You'll find the papers in my coat.”

The Dark Blade watched the man greet death with open arms. A nod of respect occurred. People were looking at the scene, and upon seeing the mask quickly moved along, realizing what was occurring was not their business. He prepared to draw and held his hand above the hilt of his blade, cupped as if to hold water. His eyes grew dead and colder before he heard the oni warn him, Little Falcon, the Ar’Tuel is approaching.

Before Taka could draw the blade down he felt an all too familiar feeling gripping his wrist. He glanced to the side to see a red snake, its fangs digging into his flesh. He followed along to see it connected to a very pissed off looking Scarlet. Her black and red eyes burned. But not as much as the golden ring around her iris. The other snakes danced dangerously behind her back.

Out of reflex he pivoted to face the new threat, and remained still. His eyes drank in the golden rings and he felt his heart skip a beat, that look of fury, he had seen it before that wasn't Scarlet…Taka cursed in his native tongue. He felt his hand, that had never once wavered, tremble above the hilt of his blade.

Do it, please, cut her down. Let us end this foolish farce and finally be done with this! Taka seemed to lower his stance only slightly his hand still posed to strike.

“Don’t. Scarlet hissed.

“You aren't giving me much choice, I can avoid the child and get you both,” He replied firmly.