Hybrid View

EXP: 31,911, Level: 7
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 3,089
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,089

GP

Name
    Taka
    Advencia was furious, and it wasn’t because Scarlet had essentially poured boiling water onto her feet. “FUCK! What the FUCK that fucking HURT.” She spat as she tugged harshly on Scarlets hair. Scarlet grabbed her wrist and with a quick twist had the demon on her knees.

Advencia turned to Taka with tears in her eyes. “S-See! Look what is happening! This man is a threat! He’s going to take her away from us. He’s fattening her up! He’s gonna fuckin take her somewhere and eat her or - or-”

“I'm not a cannibal, Advencia. She’s eating more because she's pregnant, not because I'm trying to ‘fatten her up’.” The Huntsman calmly sipped on his coffee, having made no other move when Advencia grabbed Scarlet and was brought to her knees.

“You’re not fuckin’ taking care of her that’s our- FUCK!” Scarlet had twisted down harder on her, there was a hiss before she let go, a big red welt was left on Advencias wrist. The demoness nursed it as she backed into Taka. “Z-Zero look...she never used to hurt me.”

“Scarlet-sama, you have played your games long enough. It is time to return home,” Zero spoke. His voice soft, yet it carried great weight. He reached down and gripped the mask hanging from his hilt and studied the man beside her. Tall, lithe, elf traits, that meant he was going to be fast, even for a tall brute. The briefest reading of his aura showed yet another who embodied the void. It was a curiosity at this point, but that was all it was. His spirit for a true fight was diminished. He was a predator, not a warrior, in a true fight he would not last.

He looked down at Advencia and spoke softly, “I'll take it from here.”

The hunter merely tilted his head to one side, watching this calmly as he set his drink down.

The porcelain mask he donned was a blank plate before his face. It smoothed out his features, giving him an eerie appearance. His voice echoed from behind the mask, “You have an appointment at home, Ulroke-dono has ordered another treatment. You have a choice before you Scarlet-sama, you can resist and I will bring you in with force, or you can come willingly. Any interference with carrying out those orders will be seen as meddling in the affairs of our lord.” His eyes from behind the mask drilled into the huntsman pointedly.

“Am I not already meddling in those affairs by trying to help her and ease the corruption?” The drow sat back in his chair and leaned his head to one side, studying the now masked man.

“I'm being polite and giving you an out,” Zero replied calmly, “If you wish to die that is your prerogative. I refuse to second your seppuku.”

“You are, by far, the one of the group that I find myself liking the most. I thank you for your consideration, sir. But dawn girl doesn't seem inclined to return with Advencia, and I am her hunter so if she wishes to resist I will aid her.” The man still hadn't even stood up from his seat- though Zero could see that what few muscles were visible under his encompassing clothes were beginning to tense up.

Taka clicked his tongue in distaste and hissed, “You are loyal to a creature that is unworthy of that loyalty. Scarlet doesn't care about you, you're merely another infatuation in a long line of them, myself included. Clear your head of the haze she seems to have put you in, your lust will be your end Hunter-san. Don't become another of her whipped hounds. Get up, walk away, and forget what you've seen here. You may have a sleepless night mourning, but it will do wonders for your longevity.”

“Scarlet is what she was made to be. I have no interest in that. I am here to help who she once was.” The man tilted his head to the side. “I'm already a hound of the Hunt, what is another master if it helps someone who needs it desperately? And as for my longevity - good sir, I have… Lived a fair time already.” He sighed and picked up his coffee, taking a slow drink before setting it back down. “In the time that I have known dawn girl, you are I believe the second person warning me away from her, not for her sake, but for my own. Odd, considering the other is the faun woman.” He did seem thoughtful as he sat back and returned his gaze to Zero.

A grunt of distaste left his mouth, “Then perhaps you should consider the advice you've been given. If two wholly unrelated people are telling you the same thing, is that the bleating of a crazed whore, or could it have been insight into a situation you are vastly unprepared for? Scarlet, this will be your last warning, come with us, or I will draw. We've wasted enough time as it is.”

She looked from Taka to Hunter and closed her eyes. “Fighting in the street? Where so many eyes are upon us? Surely you’d know better than that. We’d have to wipe out the whole town.”

Advencia scoffed. “Oh like you haven’t done that before! Remember when you killed your best friend you wiped out that whole town. Fuck - I heard you ripped a kids head off.”

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Minutes earlier…
    “I’m so relieved. You’re finally coming around! I was so worried we’d loose you.”

“Mmm.” The two men were now out of sight. Scarlet had a strong feeling of finality. It was all...very final- she wouldn’t be able to surprise him with the home she had built. She wouldn’t be able to see the expression on his face, the way his silvery eyes would light up and how the breath would still in his chest. She wouldn’t remember any of that would she?

“You wouldn’t lose me Advencia.” Scarlet said as she clasp her hand around the vial that sat on her neck. She rubbed it with her thumb and forefinger. “The hand wouldn’t loose me.”

The more subdued Scarlet became, the more happier Advencia became. The succubus tugged down on Scarlets arm and held her close. “We’ll make you forget everyone outside the hand. No more Hunter, No Philomel, No Shinsou. No Fuckin’ traitor ass Madison. Nothing. Nothing but those of us in the hand. It’ll be so much healthier for you.”

Scarlet sighed. Closing her eyes as she opened up the link to Hunter one last time. ”Hey. Fi’Layn. I’m going to forget you. For what it’s worth. I had fun. You have a home. I know what awaits me at the end of this path. I won’t meet you in another life, but I am thankful I met you in this one.”

“Hey, are you listening to me?”

Scarlet blinked. “Oh. No. What?”

Advencia scoffed and opened her mouth to speak again - and that’s when Scarlet heard it. Clear as day. Hunter was about to die.

She shoved Advencia hard. The demoness landed against the wall and gave a startled cry as Scarlet set off toward Hunter.

[/quote]

She had acted on pure impulse and adrenaline. She hadn’t planned on running to Hunter's aid. She hadn’t planned on ever seeing him again. She was going to forget him. So why should it matter if he died? The woman let go of Zero and swore.

“Fuck.” She turned away from him. “Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.” She shouldn’t have done that. That quite literally put Hunter in more danger. It just proved that he was indeed a danger to the Crimson Hand. That she - that she quite possibly had some sort of feelings toward him.

“Shit..” The snakes disappeared as she ran a hand through her hair. This was not the way things were meant to go. She shouldn’t have ran, her ankles were swollen and her stomach hurt. She felt like she was going to be sick.

“MISTRESS WHAT THE FUCK?” Advencia ws quick to meet her tail. “Fuck. You ARE going Rogue! Zero!” Advencia hissed. “Grab her, drive that sword through her chest if you have to. We need to get her away from here now. Fuck.” Advencia pulled Scarlet back, easily managing the feat despite her small stature and Scarlet’s strength. The demoness taking advantage of Scarlet’s pregnancy and current nausea.

Scarlet realised her mistake, she hung her head and grit her teeth. This never should have happened. Dammit… tears stung her eyes. She had to tell herself that she’d forget all this soon. She laughed bitterly. What a deserving fate.

Zero remained silent. His eyes darting between Scarlet and Hunter. He moved swiftly, the click of his blade leaving the sheath as he slashed hard for Hunter's leg. A gimping maneuver to ensure he could not follow. His voice firm, “Get up and I will have your head mongrel.”

Hunter sprang - moving over the blade and bouncing off of the table, flinging himself over the attack - and the man. He landed heavily, behind Zero, his eyes narrowed. He slowly turned around, lowering his hand to his blade as he stared towards Scarlet and Advencia.

Advencia pulled on Scarlet. “We’ll clear your head of those memories. Your heart of that emotion and your body of that child. Then you will be strong again.” The demoness leaned down and pressed her lips against Scarlets cheek. “It will be good to have you home, Mistress.”

“Right. I should not have interfered. Zero. Do me a favour and cut my throat here. I’m a liability right now. Then, do what you need to do with me.”

Her tone of voice, the way she held herself. She’d given up. Seeing Hunter actually being attacked by a man she once called friend. It hurt. Her chest ached. She was the cause of this all and she did not deserve the salvation that Hunter so desperately fought for her to have. No, she deserved to fulfil her role within the hand. Be nothing more than a weapon. A tool.

“If you do not want me to die, Dawn girl, I will not let it happen so easily. I still have to be here the next time you call for me.” The drow’s voice was calm and hard. Steel, to the deep ocean anger of Taka or the fiery rage of Advencia. “Are you then, going to give up so easily, when someone still fights for you?”

Zero slashed once more at Hunter. His blade moving with a skilled deftness aimed at the Hunter to keep distance. His voice came out thick as he ordered, “Take her Advencia-sama. I need to ensure this beast doesn't come back to haunt us. Go!”

Scarlet did not respond to his words, she kept her head down. Anything to save him from a fate similar to hers. The Huntsman spun, his cloak billowing as he dodged the slash, twisting it away from his body. He had yet to draw his weapon - but as he spun out of the way of the also, Zero would be able to see it, a cruelly serrated blade attached to a long handle with some kind of strange mechanism at the join.

“Don’t kill him Tak-” Scarlet’s voice was cut short as Advencia finished the job that Zero could not. She had run a blade clear across Scarlet’s neck. Despite her loyalty to Scarlet, she was determined not to let her emotions get in the way.