I nodded once as she tried to recover herself and her sense of balance. I took a half step away from her and pulled the Saw-Spear out. I looked from her to my wrist, to the blade. “So then, dhampir girl. Do you need to draw blood through your fangs, or if there is already an open wound can you drink directly from that?” The feeding habits of dhampir were - poorly studied, if at all. This would be the first I knew of. I was also curious.

Part of the reason I was willing to help her with this was simple. I hunted Beasts. How often then, did I get a chance to prevent someone from reaching that stage? I wonder, would stopping a Beast from emerging here feel as satisfying as drenching myself in their blood in a Hunt? This was one way of testing that - and if, by chance, while feeding, she slipped and fell and became a Beast herself. Well. My blade was already poised. I watched the tip of her tongue trace over her crimson lips. “I-I can do it myself.” She glanced from my arm to my blade before taking a hesitant step towards me. I watched as she physically trembled. I held out my arm offering her my wrist.

Odd- she almost looked scared to feed from me. Slowly she dipped her head down and at first all I felt was her warm breath on my flesh, then her tongue rolled across it. An almost burning pain erupted as her fangs sunk in my flesh. I could feel an odd sensation wash over me, was it pleasure- no pain, perhaps both? Hmm. It seemed that the stories of vampires using some kind of venom that befuddled the senses of their erstwhile victims were in fact accurate.

I heard her moan softly as she drank greedily. Her grip on my arm tightened as did my grip to my blade. She gulped and I could feel her fangs dig deeper into my arm. My head grew slightly hazy - she'd already consumed a fair amount of blood at this point. It was approaching the point where -

She flew back, blood smeared across her face and slowly trickled down her breast. Her chest was heaving up and down, her pupils dilated. She looked as if to be having an internal battle. I slowly lowered my blade, returning it to its reserved, folded state as I watched her.

“Focus, dhampir girl. You have done an admirable job so far, do not give in to the temptation now. It would be a shame to have to Hunt you so soon after helping you.” Even to my own ears, my voice was a bit thready. Perhaps I had let her consume a little too much blood - and I frowned as I processed something else. Of bloody course. I didn't bother looking down at the tent in my trousers. I would deal with the physical need later. Compartmentalized and shoved away, I focused my attention on the dhampir.

I spoke the truth. Not only had I helped her Hunt, but I had just, quite literally, offered my own blood in an attempt to prevent her from becoming a beast. It would be a terrible shame to have to fight her now, but I would if necessary. I watched, wary, as her blood-flecked chest heaved, her eyes wild. Which side would win here?

She groaned and doubled over, her hands shot up, tangled in her locks. It sounded as if she was sobbing- growling? I frowned. What was it she had said earlier while trying to calm me down - unnecessarily of course? Ah, right.
“Reel it in there, girl. You have this. You do not want to become them, and you do not have to.” the fabric under my hand creaked as I tightened my grip. I didn't want to startle her so I didn't deploy the blade, but even so I could use it to fight quite well.

Her body slowly stopped trembling and she straightened herself up, so she had been crying. Hm- odd, she quickly wiped away the wetness smearing the blood even more. “I’m fine- I’m okay,” I wasn’t sure if she was trying to convince herself or me. Still, she was talking, and not lunging for me - so I swept my coat back, returning the Saw-Spear to its hook. I let my coat settle back down as I watched her, my head tilted to the side. She was rubbing her face, and paused as she looked in my direction. Had she lost the fight after all?

“I told you it was intimate,” her eyes darted down towards my torso, then further. Ah. I shrugged, and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I find myself unconcerned with this situation. It is a physical reaction - it was pleasant, but painful as well, if you are curious.” Hmm? She was still staring at my crotch, and the redness in her cheeks was not all from the blood. Was she - virgin? Huh. Wouldn't have thought that. “I might as well ask, and I will note it down later - aside from the feeding satisfaction, was it good for you too?” Behind my mask, I smirked. She thought I had no sense of humor. Sorry, dhampir girl, wrong. It just so happened that I found tormenting people amusing.